The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tradingmyheartforyours
I was actually fine at undergrad and got 18,000 words with ease :colondollar: but my letters to get people to participate this time go unanswered.

I'm 18 (though in my first year of uni) - can I answer? :smile:
Original post by sliceofcake
What are summative exams?

summative= the marks count towards the final year mark, opposite of formative which are basically mocks
Original post by coffeeaddict.
I'm 18 (though in my first year of uni) - can I answer? :smile:

Hey:smile: any 16-18 years olds in the UK please complete my attitude to religion survey to be in with a chance to win an £15 Amazon voucher.
http://goo.gl/forms/N9lhzBRWyA

Thank you :smile:
Hope everyone here has a good Easter break :smile: I'm staying at uni until the end of the week and hoping to get lots of dissertation work done then. Also actually decided to apply for a graduate scheme so fingers crossed !
Home and currently experiencing a massive anti climax as I don't have much fun stuff planned and have 3 essays, a presentation and policy brief to worry about
So so so soooooo busy this term, thankfully it's almost all over though!
Does anybody have any good tips for how to get going with an essay that you're really not sure how to actually tackle? :redface:

It's 4000 words and politics-related, so there are endless amounts of conflicting information, it just seems impossible to bring it into a coherent and simple argument!

Have emailed the lecturer for help, but if anyone has any solid advice i'd love that too.
Got three essays, my part of a group presentation and a policy briefing to do before the end of the taught period of my masters in 5ish weeks. Literally just started writing up essay no1 as thats due Monday.
so I got an email from uni saying there is a piece of coursework ready to collect and marks will be online next week i.e. the day I move :sigh:
Original post by lilGem
so I got an email from uni saying there is a piece of coursework ready to collect and marks will be online next week i.e. the day I move :sigh:

will you not have internet on your phone to check?
ahahhahahahaa i have a draft of my 10,000 word dissertation to do for this friday.

got about 6500 words done... bit of a mess tho. lmao my life.

time to get this **** done. then easter. yaaaassss.
I am having a full stress about my dissertation at the moment aaaahhh!
life outside of uni? what's that? *zombie-mode activated
Having a dissertation freak out! I waaaant to cry and it looks like I am submitting it in Septembter instead so a whole summer to mull over it and be anti-social.
Having a dissertation freak out! I waaaant to cry and it looks like I am submitting it in Septembter instead so a whole summer to mull over it and be anti-social.

What is it? Are you struggling with a research topic? :frown:

(I ask because I am interested/concerned but please be aware I'm not likely to be any use at all!)
What is it? Are you struggling with a research topic? :frown:

(I ask because I am interested/concerned but please be aware I'm not likely to be any use at all!)

Getting enough schools to answer questionnaires and do focus groups. Only my old school consented to the latter.
Getting enough schools to answer questionnaires and do focus groups. Only my old school consented to the latter.

Has your supervisor looked over the letter you sent out? I had a project once and I emailed a load of people I thought would be relevant. I didn't get any replies. My tutor wrote a letter with me (making me name drop her so they'd be encouraged to reply) and I actually got a few responses.
Has your supervisor looked over the letter you sent out? I had a project once and I emailed a load of people I thought would be relevant. I didn't get any replies. My tutor wrote a letter with me (making me name drop her so they'd be encouraged to reply) and I actually got a few responses.

He read it but his field is different and he thought it was fine 😕 going to do coding so have all my questionnaires sorted.
So I got an invite to Imperial :tongue: Won't go though tbh
Finally passed the 1000 word mark on the first essay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending