The Student Room Group

Medicine through clearing or adjustment

Hi, I'm aware that it is rare but is there anyone who got a place on a medicine course via adjustment or clearing? Which university was it for? Did you require an interview from the university? Are there any statistics from the universities on how many places are usually available through clearing?
Thanks in advance.
Original post by JAnth2502
Hi, I'm aware that it is rare but is there anyone who got a place on a medicine course via adjustment or clearing? Which university was it for? Did you require an interview from the university? Are there any statistics from the universities on how many places are usually available through clearing?
Thanks in advance.

Medicine essentially doesn't enter clearing - in the rare circumstances when they have spare places, they usually ring up people who narrowly missed out on a place after interview on results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Origami Bullets
Medicine essentially doesn't enter clearing - in the rare circumstances when they have spare places, they usually ring up people who narrowly missed out on a place after interview on results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't got an offer for Med post-interview so does this mean if I get really good grades I could call them/they would call me on results day?
Don't get your hopes up - it's very unusual for that to happen.

If they had a spare space and you were the applicant that had missed out on an offer most narrowly then they would ring you on results day, but as I say this is very unlikely you happen.

I'd suggest either making plans to go to your fifth choice or to have a gap year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Origami Bullets
Don't get your hopes up - it's very unusual for that to happen.

If they had a spare space and you were the applicant that had missed out on an offer most narrowly then they would ring you on results day, but as I say this is very unlikely you happen.

I'd suggest either making plans to go to your fifth choice or to have a gap year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My friend got an offer on results day this way after 4 post-interview rejections last year so was just wondering! Probably fifth choice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending