The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by kingaaran
I did the exam last year, so can help anybody, if necessary.

If you have any questions, want me to check any essays you write or would just like some advice, then feel free to ask me. :smile:

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, which anthology section did you do?? I'm doing Woman in Black and Mister Pip too. Any ideas?:smile:
Original post by aha1
Hey, which anthology section did you do?? I'm doing Woman in Black and Mister Pip too. Any ideas?:smile:

I didn't do the poetry exam - I did the Shakespeare exam! But I have read the majority of the poems in the relationships cluster.

I haven't read either of your Unit 1 texts, so I can't help you there. Sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by kingaaran
I didn't do the poetry exam - I did the Shakespeare exam! But I have read the majority of the poems in the relationships cluster.

I haven't read either of your Unit 1 texts, so I can't help you there. Sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile

aha no worries! to be honest i've scanned through the other anthologies and i'm pretty relieved to be doing relationships! the majority of the poems have pretty much the same underlying message...
Original post by aha1
aha no worries! to be honest i've scanned through the other anthologies and i'm pretty relieved to be doing relationships! the majority of the poems have pretty much the same underlying message...

Yeah, most of them criticise the fickleness of love or emphasise the idea of 'carpe diem'...
Hey, I took this exam last year and found these two apps from the apple store really helpful :smile:

Revise inspector calls free
Revise of mice and men free

Another app that helped with this exam and others was GCSE Pod it costs money to access all the resources but you get some good info free :smile:

Best of luck with your exams :smile:
Reply 25
Doing this exam too. OMAM, The crucible and Relationships Cluster.
Got 40/40 in coursework but still scared:frown:
Have predictions for poetry and the crucible but unsure about OMAM. Could be with Curley but have a massive feeling it will be Candy.

What are you all doing to prepare?
Original post by ozmo19
Have predictions for poetry and the crucible but unsure about OMAM. Could be with Curley but have a massive feeling it will be Candy.

yeah it think its candy too
Hi Everyone, for English Lit, I am studying AIC, OMAM and the Relationships Cluster. I did the Unit 1 Paper last week for a mock and I think I did pretty well! Anyone have any ideas of what will come up in the Unit 2 paper for the actual paper in June this year? Apparently, they will start from fresh because they have done all the poems from the relationships cluster so they are likely to choose anything, so I am really scared!

I personally hope that we get Nettles or To His Coy Mistress as I find these two poems relativity easy to talk about, though, any other, poem will be also reasonably easy to talk about despite the other clusters. For AIC, I hope they give us either a character like Eric and what Priestley might say about responsibility through him or a theme like Age and Class since gender came up in 2014.
OMAM, I find the hardest to talk about. The novella is really easy so you would expect the questions they ask to be hard and they are so I have no idea of what they might ask us, it's just a process of revising everything! :smile:

Anyone agrees?
Reply 28
Original post by dawideksoltysik
Hi Everyone, for English Lit, I am studying AIC, OMAM and the Relationships Cluster. I did the Unit 1 Paper last week for a mock and I think I did pretty well! Anyone have any ideas of what will come up in the Unit 2 paper for the actual paper in June this year? Apparently, they will start from fresh because they have done all the poems from the relationships cluster so they are likely to choose anything, so I am really scared!

I personally hope that we get Nettles or To His Coy Mistress as I find these two poems relativity easy to talk about, though, any other, poem will be also reasonably easy to talk about despite the other clusters.

To His Coy Mistress has never came up
Original post by charlieecooperr
I did this last year, so I can help anyone if needed :smile:

How did you revsie for this exam?
Original post by aha1

How are you revising for the women in black?
Reply 31
Original post by Hello!123
How are you revising for the women in black?

i've got a revision guide with a really detailed analysis of each chapter along with character and place analysis. I've also been given several revision booklet by my teacher. Basically just looking over them each night and i've also read the book four times. How about you?
Reply 32
Original post by ozmo19

I'm also doing the relationships cluster. What are your predictions? I've been told there's a short list of authors' for unseen but it's so hard to pinpoint which poem...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ozmo19

You can't assume it won't come up this year then. In fact, it is more likely that it will come up on the June 2015 paper because it hasn't came up on the qualification yet at all.

By the way, are you sitting the exam this year?
Reply 34
Original post by dawideksoltysik
You can't assume it won't come up this year then. In fact, it is more likely that it will come up on the June 2015 paper because it hasn't came up on the qualification yet at all.

By the way, are you sitting the exam this year?

I am sitting this exam in June 2015 and i do believe, statistically speaking, that To his Coy Mistress will be one of the two named poems.

Can i ask, where did i ever say that i thought it wouldn't come up?
I made no assumption what so ever like the one you are accusing me of. Your comment actually shocks me. I replied to a message that said all poems have came up and i corrected it. What are you trying to accomplish through this message? Your stupidity?

And by the way, earlier you are the one who said all had came up... now your are correcting yourself as well?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ozmo19
I am sitting this exam in June 2015 and i do believe, statistically speaking, that To his Coy Mistress will be one of the two named poems.

Can i ask, where did i ever say that i thought it wouldn't come up?
I made no assumption what so ever like the one you are accusing me of. Your comment actually shocks me. I replied to a message that said all poems have came up and i corrected it. What are you trying to accomplish through this message? Your stupidity?

And by the way, earlier you are the one who said all had came up... now your are correcting yourself as well?

Sorry, I wasn't meant to come across this way. I indeed correct myself but there is no need to be this level of rude. Maybe the way I phrased myself could have come a bit rude to you and I am sincerely sorry but there is no need to say that I am trying to 'accomplish my stupidity', because I am not.
Original post by ozmo19

AQA GCSE-Relationships cluster: Brothers and In Paris with you have never come. I predict these will come up, so I'm only going to revise these :smile:
Does anyone have any idea what the unseen poem will be in June 2015 AQA GCSE English lit??
Does anybody have any reasoned predictions for

An Inspector Calls

Of mice and men

Poetry Conflict
Original post by GCSE student 1
AQA GCSE-Relationships cluster: Brothers and In Paris with you have never come. I predict these will come up, so I'm only going to revise these :smile:

But aren't these only going to come up on the foundation paper?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending