The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

HI Portfolios for Central Saint Martins

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I won't :smile: yes I did, would you pick westminster over lcf? Haha mine wasn't too great either!

Posted from TSR Mobile
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by HLx
I won't :smile: yes I did, would you pick westminster over lcf? Haha mine wasn't too great either!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends, I absolutely hated LCF, so it depends how you feel when you went to interview, I too got a place at LCF but it wasn't for me. But then again I felt Westminster didn't suit me either! I don't fit in anywhere lol.
Reply 22
Yeah I feel the same about lcf, but the reputation is quite up there! Ah well I hope you get into csm, I wish you the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by HLx
Yeah I feel the same about lcf, but the reputation is quite up there! Ah well I hope you get into csm, I wish you the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! You too! hope your womenswear interview goes well! :smile:
Reply 24
Thankyou so much! Do you know how many people are on the womenswear course at lcf?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HLx
Anyone got a csm knit portfolio review tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey there, I hope all your interviews went well! :smile: I got into the CSM fashion/textiles foundation starting this September. Then I'll have to be thinking about applying for a degree. I'm thinking CSM fashion knit too, but my sixth form don't have knitting machines so the only knitting I've done is by hand at home...
How much knit do you have in your portfolio? Is it all fancy stuff you've done on machines? (I have no clue how much knit you can do on the CSM foundation, because we're not allowed to use the degree knit machines).
Reply 26
Hey first of all, don't worry at all!!!! From what I've heard from some of my friends on the csm foundation you do get to weave/knit, you can always hand knit too... You also need to understand texture on the knit course so having some textural samples would be really good but I'm sure that your tutors at csm will help you next year to get onto that course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HLx
Hey first of all, don't worry at all!!!! From what I've heard from some of my friends on the csm foundation you do get to weave/knit, you can always hand knit too... You also need to understand texture on the knit course so having some textural samples would be really good but I'm sure that your tutors at csm will help you next year to get onto that course

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm totally clueless at present about what we get to do on the CSM fashion and textiles foundation, so this really helps :smile: I look forward to doing more knit. I guess for me - full knowledge about what they will want for a degree will come in time. Thanks for your advice!
I studied Fashion at CSM, if anyone needs any advice I can help.
Reply 29
Original post by Esme-Kitten
I studied Fashion at CSM, if anyone needs any advice I can help.

Hey I got into csm womenswear and I've been hearing that you get a summer project? I was just wondering when we would get it and what it would be about? Thanks
Reply 30
Original post by HLx
Hey I got into csm womenswear and I've been hearing that you get a summer project? I was just wondering when we would get it and what it would be about? Thanks

oooo we do? how exciting! :biggrin:
Reply 31
yeah apparently, in trying to find out when and what it is about but nobody seems to know the details....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending