The Student Room Group

Nottingham A108 Medicine with a Foundation Year 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Hu
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 141
Original post by crazya96
does anyone know how to apply for accommodation because we are in derby.

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommodation/prospectivestudents/undergraduates/studyinginderby.aspx

I think we just apply for accommodation online through Nottingham like the rest but choose an option for studying in Derby instead of any Nottingham accommodation
Original post by s.was99
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommodation/prospectivestudents/undergraduates/studyinginderby.aspx

I think we just apply for accommodation online through Nottingham like the rest but choose an option for studying in Derby instead of any Nottingham accommodation

Have you applied for accommodation yet
Reply 143
Original post by crazya96
Have you applied for accommodation yet

Not yet, I'm waiting til next week
Hey guys im applying for 2016 foundation yr medicine at notts. Anyone got any advice on personal statement interview etc..?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone heard back from nottingham besides offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey
Just wandering has anyone applied for accomadation
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by X_CSK_X
Hey there Guys :smile: i'm currently on the A108 course at University of Nottingham. If you have any questions, fire away :smile:

hi, I know this is very late but I am still curious, I want to apply for this course but I got 4A*s 6As and a B at GCSE and then BBCC at AS level. I have not yet applied and I am taking my A2s and I think I will get AAB, will they still consider me, taking into account I'm not from a low deprived area... :frown:
I am confused, because on their website they say that a minimum of C is required for English Language

''At least five GCSEs; double science grade BB, or chemistry if single sciences taken, grade B; biology, maths and English language grade C, other subject grade C; biology, if not taken to A level, must be passed grade B at GCSE.''

Here it says a grade C is required, however

English language criteria

IELTS 7.5 (no less than 7.0 in any element)

Pearson Test of English (Academic) 67 (minimum 55)

Certificate of Proficiency in English:Grade B

Here it is a B (i think 7.5 IELTS is an A/B)

So, what is the actual minimum GCSE English Language requirement? As i got a C first time then retook this year and hoping for A/B - this leads me on to my other question, do they allow GCSE retakes?

Also is it worth applying with 1A* 6B 3C 1D and 2 passes?
Hey guys, seeing as results day is round the corner i was thinking that if (God forbid) that anyone misses out on a grade but makes it up elsewhere iie: abd, bbd, acd that there is a chance we may still get the offer like that or even if we ring up?
Original post by medicinehope
Hey guys, seeing as results day is round the corner i was thinking that if (God forbid) that anyone misses out on a grade but makes it up elsewhere iie: abd, bbd, acd that there is a chance we may still get the offer like that or even if we ring up?

Good question
OCR bio and chem was a killer.
Yes ikr im alright wiwithth bio but chemistry is really getting me down, i dont feel like i can plan anything like accommodation because of chemistry
Hi everyone, I hope you can help
I am waiting for my a level results and dont think it went well. I applied to medicine last year (different unis and not foundation courses as i didnt realise i was entitled to it) and got rejected pre interview 4 all, Will I be able to apply this year on foundation course to nottingham if i meet three of the criteria even though I did the required a levels (so maths bio chem)? What are the chances of getting an offer? and what is involved in the application process for the foundation year ie. personal statement (do i mention certain things) or ukcat (do i need a higher score)?
Thanks, i appreciate any help :smile:
Reply 153
Original post by wishingwillow
Hi everyone, I hope you can help
I am waiting for my a level results and dont think it went well. I applied to medicine last year (different unis and not foundation courses as i didnt realise i was entitled to it) and got rejected pre interview 4 all, Will I be able to apply this year on foundation course to nottingham if i meet three of the criteria even though I did the required a levels (so maths bio chem)? What are the chances of getting an offer? and what is involved in the application process for the foundation year ie. personal statement (do i mention certain things) or ukcat (do i need a higher score)?
Thanks, i appreciate any help :smile:

You can only apply to the foundation year course if you are in year 13 when you apply.
(edited 8 years ago)
What is the minimum English Language GCSE requirement?
Hi guys

I got 4A*'s, 4A's and 3B's at GCSE

I'm doing chemistry, biology, maths and history for AS which I got B,B,A,D in.

Retaking history so I can push it up to the B.

I'm definitely not eligible for the 5 year because all medical schools require a B for the dropped AS level.

I'm predicted A, A, B and the retake of history would bring that up to a b.

I've had much work experience and volunteering.

I haven't done the UkCAT yet.

What do you think?

Am I eligible for the programme.

I will also be applying to the 6 year schemes at Southampton, kings and Queen Mary.

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone got in with re-sitting more than one AS module? 😥
I repeat 2 AS modules in two separate subjects but you aren't allowed to do two of the sane subject, and your grades and stuff seems fine just make sure your PS is on point
Hi
I was wondering when we will be hearing any news interms of receiving interviews.i have applied to nothingham A108.
I got:
AABb
GCSE: 8A*,2A,3B
My UKCAT is 490,the rest is 500-660. And SJ 2.
Do I have a chance receiving interview
There are allot of people applying with bare sick grades and im here thinking about my grades:

GCSE: 2A*, 6A's, 3B's and 1C(French)
AS: CCCC Maths, biology, chemistry and psychology (dropped)
A2 predictions: AAB
UKCAT: 620

my rubbish AS reults are due to my coursework. do you think i have a chance of getting in :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending