The Student Room Group

A2 AQA ICT June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Guys, what do you have to write about for the evaluation of the coursework?
Abit stuck!!
Original post by thepatel_1
No way near completing the coursework! The teacher is useless. We have no clear guideline what so ever. No feedback, no comments, not even current grade:/

I really feel that I'm behind but I don't know.

Where is everyone else at?

I finished the coursework before the year even started. As we started the coursework as soon as we finished are info 2 exam, so I have had practically all year to revise exam :smile:
In section 4 of the coursework...what the hell is the documentation bit...am slightly confused.... My projects based on a system for an open day which gives information about the school curriculum etc. Basically a website
Original post by Sarah5152
In section 4 of the coursework...what the hell is the documentation bit...am slightly confused.... My projects based on a system for an open day which gives information about the school curriculum etc. Basically a website

The documentation is basically user documentation that you will give to your client and users.. you have to explain how they will use the system and give instructions to edit information. For example for yours, I would suggest explaining how to edit information about the curriculum or dates of open days etc. You have to show step by step instructions etc.
Original post by AnikaaKeys
Our coursework deadline is the end of March! But she said she will help us improve and give us feedback which is good.
I am really really worried about INFO 3, my teacher is awful and I keep asking her to help with the 20 markers, but she says "you should be writing your own model answers".
Does anyone have any tips on the INFO 3 exam or any example answers they could post?
thank you

This file is really useful for those struggling with Info 4... :smile:

I am a teacher, not a student, but have found this site useful for other things so hope people don't mind me posting. It is interesting to see this document shared on here as I wrote it originally - don't know how it got out electronically as I only ever give it to students printed. Doesn't matter if it helps some of you. It has been updated since though.

I have just started looking into possible questions for the pre-release so when I have come up with some, I will post them on here.

Thanks. Wendy
Original post by Whitbywendy
I am a teacher, not a student, but have found this site useful for other things so hope people don't mind me posting. It is interesting to see this document shared on here as I wrote it originally - don't know how it got out electronically as I only ever give it to students printed. Doesn't matter if it helps some of you. It has been updated since though.

I have just started looking into possible questions for the pre-release so when I have come up with some, I will post them on here.

Thanks. Wendy

Hi wendy,

That would be great if you could post any predicted questions on the pre-released material as soon as possible. I'm doing the INFO3 paper self taught so don't have any access to revision materials/predicted questions from teachers unfortunately.
I have attached an example long essay question answer written by one of my students in the real exam a few years ago. He got 18 out of 20.

I also have a set of questions for the 2014 pre-release and some sample answers. Although it was a different topic some of the answers will still be relevant for other examples. Some are only in note form, others are in full, some are missing.

Hope these help a bit.
My initial thoughts and some possible questions for the 2015 Pre-Release for INFO3. I can't think of a suitable question for the information on page 7 of the PM but have a nagging feeling that might come up in some form or another. There are no answers at the moment.
Hope this helps.
Original post by Whitbywendy
My initial thoughts and some possible questions for the 2015 Pre-Release for INFO3. I can't think of a suitable question for the information on page 7 of the PM but have a nagging feeling that might come up in some form or another. There are no answers at the moment.
Hope this helps.

Thank you so so so so much!!!!
Guys, one question about the coursework! Does your actual system get sent as well or is it just the folder? Cos in GCSE I remember the actual system got sent as well.
Original post by S.Mundane
Guys, one question about the coursework! Does your actual system get sent as well or is it just the folder? Cos in GCSE I remember the actual system got sent as well.

This year thank god they don't send off the actual system! so it's just the folder :smile:
HELP !

So I' got given this question from June 2014 but I have no idea what to write :/....

"Discuss how the size of an organisation and its geographical spread might influence the use and management of information and communication technology (20 marks)"
Original post by Sarah5152
HELP !

So I' got given this question from June 2014 but I have no idea what to write :/....

"Discuss how the size of an organisation and its geographical spread might influence the use and management of information and communication technology (20 marks)"

can you post the paper online please?
Reply 53
hello guys, if you don't mind listen to this short story and I'm not looking for sympathy I just need help. My teacher is a genuinely nice person but a very bad teacher. He has a very weak character and is very lazy. My info4 has been done since before christmas and the initial plan was to focus more on info3 in 2015 (for those who dont know, its 60% of the final grade). every time we have a lesson there are a few kids in my class who just come in and act like clowns and therefore distracting the learning for others while the teacher doesnt do anything. I complained to my teacher several times and he volunteered to come in on weekends. He NEVER came to any "Extra" session. I've been trying to learn independently for a couple of months now and while I do see some progress, I can only see myself getting 50% at best. If anyone has any resources, tips and any form of help please share them. thank you in advance
Reply 54
Hey guys does anyone else find the AQA INFO3 textbook to be useless or am I just a terrible student of IT?
Original post by fooz
Hey guys does anyone else find the AQA INFO3 textbook to be useless or am I just a terrible student of IT?

How is it useless? Nelson Thrones?
Original post by fooz
hello guys, if you don't mind listen to this short story and I'm not looking for sympathy I just need help. My teacher is a genuinely nice person but a very bad teacher. He has a very weak character and is very lazy. My info4 has been done since before christmas and the initial plan was to focus more on info3 in 2015 (for those who dont know, its 60% of the final grade). every time we have a lesson there are a few kids in my class who just come in and act like clowns and therefore distracting the learning for others while the teacher doesnt do anything. I complained to my teacher several times and he volunteered to come in on weekends. He NEVER came to any "Extra" session. I've been trying to learn independently for a couple of months now and while I do see some progress, I can only see myself getting 50% at best. If anyone has any resources, tips and any form of help please share them. thank you in advance

Im self taught info 3 aswell i feel your pain.
Reply 57
Original post by ThatGuyRik
How is it useless? Nelson Thrones?

I feel like when I do a past paper, what I read in the book is irrelevant to what I am being asked. For example I had a 20 marker on ICT strategy. All I found about strategy in the textbook was 2 lines only defining what ICT strategy was..
Original post by fooz
I feel like when I do a past paper, what I read in the book is irrelevant to what I am being asked. For example I had a 20 marker on ICT strategy. All I found about strategy in the textbook was 2 lines only defining what ICT strategy was..

Lol there is loads on ICT 'strategies' you just wrote the definition thats not the point of the question.
Reply 59
Hi guys,

If I were to retake A2 ICT again next year due to unforeseen reasons. Would I be able to carry my INFO4 coursework over, and just make changes to it to get the best grade possible after it has been submitted?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending