The Student Room Group

All AS Psychology AQA Unit 2 Revision

Hi guys,

I'm a year 13 psychology student and I'm set to retake the Unit 2 AQA exam. Recently I've been making PowerPoints on all the topics that come up in this exam (stress, social influence, abnormality) and I thought I'd share them with you guys. They look a bit long-winded and text heavy but I hope that they help you.

Please note that some of the studies may differ to the ones you looked at. Also, if you feel I've forgotten something, feel free to tell me.

Thanks, and good luck in your upcoming exams.

Abnormality revision.pptx
Social influence revision.pptx
Stress revision.pptx
we are using the Psychology A specification, and we cover the same things which is why im not sure if it's the same exam, so.... yeah.
my class finished studying Milgram last week. in your pp, where you have variations of independent behaviour, we had it titled as 'why do people obey?', and we had some of the same things as you, such as proximity, setting etc. We had a few extra things as well as different titles. a group title was Situational Factors. The one where the participant is holding the learners hand on the shock plate we called Proximity of Victim - this included the teacher and learner in different rooms, the same room and then the hand one. For the different setting, we had it down as either Proximity of Authority or Justified Authority - this included the different settings Milgram used in variations as well as the experimenter giving the teacher orders via phone. this also includes the role of buffers, which is when they are different rooms. the rooms act as a buffer protecting the teacher from seeing the consequences of their actions.. the last situational factor was Presence of Allies - where there were 3 or so teachers in the room, only one was the real participant, and one teacher disobeyed leading the real participant to also disobey.
We also had the Agentic Shift - where Milgram argued that people are in this condition when the act upon someone else, so it's basically obeying to do something for someone else, even though you may not want to do it. the last one was Gradual Commitment - where you obey small tasks that gradually get bigger to the point where you don't want to obey, but you no longer feel that you can say no.
Any ideas what the 12 marker could be? I'm resiting this unit and haven't gone over it at all. The exams in 11 days!!
Reply 3
Original post by MattHLFC
Hi guys,

I'm a year 13 psychology student and I'm set to retake the Unit 2 AQA exam. Recently I've been making PowerPoints on all the topics that come up in this exam (stress, social influence, abnormality) and I thought I'd share them with you guys. They look a bit long-winded and text heavy but I hope that they help you.

Please note that some of the studies may differ to the ones you looked at. Also, if you feel I've forgotten something, feel free to tell me.

Thanks, and good luck in your upcoming exams.

Abnormality revision.pptx
Social influence revision.pptx
Stress revision.pptx

These are so helpful! Thank you! I think you just saved my Psychology Unit 2 exam >.<

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending