The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL IAL UNIT 3 BIOLOgy

Was it a bar graph for the first question ?? :confused:
Reply 1
I got a bar graph too.
Did you calculate the mean or what?
That paper was quite tough.
what did you guys get for the cost of the panda leasing question?
Reply 3
That first graph gave me a headache, why couldn't it of been as simple as the past papers. Anyway, I drew a bar graph - a rather innovative one too, feel like I could've lost a couple of marks on it but as far as being useful to compare the two it works perfectly, I used a Key also. A Line graph would've also worked but I couldn't figure out how to do one in the moment. Also as for calculating the mean, I don't think that was possible since there were no repeats done.

The other annoying question ^ was the panda question, the maths was incredibly simple but the question was asked In an unclear way, If it was as simple as it seemed I got it wrong, If it was more complex I got it right...Kind of an annoying paper in terms of the questions, It wasn't too bad though.

PS. does anyone know if it's ok to freely discuss this paper yet? I.e. are there any countries in which this paper is yet to commence? Thanks! Feel free to pm me about any of the questions on the paper, and hope it went well :smile:
Reply 4
it was so easy
and no I don't believe any other country has the paper... its only one paper
Reply 5
u cannot post online on student room until uk time 4:30 Am for edexcel evening exams...
Original post by AJC1997
That first graph gave me a headache, why couldn't it of been as simple as the past papers. Anyway, I drew a bar graph - a rather innovative one too, feel like I could've lost a couple of marks on it but as far as being useful to compare the two it works perfectly, I used a Key also. A Line graph would've also worked but I couldn't figure out how to do one in the moment. Also as for calculating the mean, I don't think that was possible since there were no repeats done.

The other annoying question ^ was the panda question, the maths was incredibly simple but the question was asked In an unclear way, If it was as simple as it seemed I got it wrong, If it was more complex I got it right...Kind of an annoying paper in terms of the questions, It wasn't too bad though.

PS. does anyone know if it's ok to freely discuss this paper yet? I.e. are there any countries in which this paper is yet to commence? Thanks! Feel free to pm me about any of the questions on the paper, and hope it went well :smile:

The panda question was 180 mil wasn't it ? I sketched a line graph for the second question. The paper was easy but i finished just a minute before the end time.
you guys i dont think it was a bar graph
i and all my classmates did a line graph specifically because the question asked for a graphing technique to display a trend and you have to use a line graph to display any correlations :/
at least thats what we think
The 2 graphs were bar graphs right?
Reply 9
Original post by ATfitness
you guys i dont think it was a bar graph
i and all my classmates did a line graph specifically because the question asked for a graphing technique to display a trend and you have to use a line graph to display any correlations :/
at least thats what we think

I don't remember it asking for a technique to display a trend? Even so, bar graphs can show trends too. As far as I'm aware it just said to use a 'suitable graphic form to compare the data'. Also since it was discontinuous data I think a bar graph was equally suitable, given it was drawn In an appropriate way. I think both Line and Bar can be considered 'suitable' for this data, Just my say.
Reply 10
I think that was the easiest paper 3 i've ever seen. Did a bar graph with a key for qu 2. got 180 mil for that leasing question. What did you do for the graph on qu 1?
Reply 11
I think that was the easiest paper 3 i've ever seen. Did a bar graph with a key for qu 2. got 180 mil for that leasing question. What did you do for the graph on qu 1?
Any tips for AS?
Reply 13
What did you guys put for the reason counting the plants grown is unreliable? It was right after the picture.
I don't think there was any mean involved. You had to plot the different dates
Original post by MadZler
What did you guys put for the reason counting the plants grown is unreliable? It was right after the picture.

Not sure if correct, but I said that the plants had variation in leaf numbers, and since the leafs overlapped in the photograph, it would be hard to count the exact number of plants. Maybe there was a simpler answer?
Reply 16
Original post by retrobaht
Not sure if correct, but I said that the plants had variation in leaf numbers, and since the leafs overlapped in the photograph, it would be hard to count the exact number of plants. Maybe there was a simpler answer?

Firstly i put something similar. But then I realised they were different sizes so their mass is different and growth could be mass instead of offspring.
Reply 17
Original post by AJC1997

Hello could you pls tell me what was on the paper? Or even if u have it and the ms send it to me pls

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending