The Student Room Group

Queens and UU Social work applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vic1985
I just sent them an email requesting it. Queens sent me back an email detailing why I couldn't have my score, surely it would have took less time just to email me my score.

Thank u il send them an email tomorrow.
im so sorry but i think you def have a chance of getting in hope it all works out for you
Original post by Derrygirl
is that for queens yah :-)

yeah
Congrats to everyone who got offered places & to those who were unsuccessful, do not get up!

In relation to the DHSS bursary, this is completely separate to student finance & all social work students get it each year they are in uni as it not means tested. It gets paid in two lump sums. My first payment was received last December & my second one was in March.

Hope this helps.
Are UU running an info night for those with offers? I got an email inviting me to attend the queens one next wed night.
Original post by ash-j08
Congrats to everyone who got offered places & to those who were unsuccessful, do not get up!

In relation to the DHSS bursary, this is completely separate to student finance & all social work students get it each year they are in uni as it not means tested. It gets paid in two lump sums. My first payment was received last December & my second one was in March.

Hope this helps.

Did use the DHSS bursary to pay your fees? Or are fees paid as well as the bursary?
Original post by Vic1985
Did use the DHSS bursary to pay your fees? Or are fees paid as well as the bursary?

I received a loan for my tuition fees from student finance ni (this is paid directly to QUB). I also received a maintenance loan & grant from sfni (paid directly to me) which is to help fund living costs, travel etc. I also used my bursary (paid directly to me) to fund my living & travel.

If you choose not to take a loan for your tuition fees you could use your bursary towards your fees but I would recommend taking as much as you are entitled to from sfni as it is one less thing to worry about i.e buying books, living, travel etc.
I think uu info evening is next wed the same night as Queens.
Original post by jenny coll
I think uu info evening is next wed the same night as Queens.
I need to chop myself in half lol xx
I know I was hoping to get to both as I wanted to weigh both up lol but ah well x
Original post by jenny coll
I know I was hoping to get to both as I wanted to weigh both up lol but ah well x

itl be same info at both as all social work courses are taught under niscc
Yeah but I wanted to hear the difference in amount of exams cz thrs Def a difference apparently as I spoke to someone uz done it just so was hoping to hear the timetable etc from each uni and the way assessments are taken x
Queens haven't replied to me. I sent yesterday morn. Hope I get on waiting list.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lilyshea
Queens haven't replied to me. I sent yesterday morn. Hope I get on waiting list.

Posted from TSR Mobile
are you attending the uu info night Lilyshea?
Original post by khutchinson06
itl be same info at both as all social work courses are taught under niscc
Are you attending the queens info night khutchinson?
I looked up modules for UU RGR. There is no exams in first year at all and only one in second year. They have a module catalogue -
https://webservices.ulster.ac.uk/modules/
Queens have something similar but doesn't have as much info for assessment -
http://www.qub.ac.uk/sites/ModuleInformation/
So def would have picked UU as there seems there is less exams, but Queens is just closer for me which means I can work part time and don't have to stress about money
That's great vic thank u. :smile:
When is UU OPEN NIGHT?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lilyshea
When is UU OPEN NIGHT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

13th as well. I'm going to ring today to see if we will be emailed an invite

Posted from TSR Mobile
I guess that was good timing uu just sent an email to say it's on 13th at 6:30pm :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest