The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lilGem
any past papers available? writing out essay answers?

Nope! the only practice questions I have was the 2 class tests I did because its MCQ so theres no past papers :frown: I really don't know what else to do..
Original post by Psyc_Girl
Nope! the only practice questions I have was the 2 class tests I did because its MCQ so theres no past papers :frown: I really don't know what else to do..

you could maybe go through the content and make up questions, cant think of much else :redface:
Original post by lilGem
you could maybe go through the content and make up questions, cant think of much else :redface:

I tried to do that earlier, but I really struggled to create the questions :frown: so gave up!
Original post by Psyc_Girl
I tried to do that earlier, but I really struggled to create the questions :frown: so gave up!

Awh I'm sorry I can't be of more help :redface:
Original post by lilGem
Awh I'm sorry I can't be of more help :redface:

That's okay! I think i'll just keep reading over my notes but its getting really boring! :frown:
Yes! It's ridiculous! But I'm glad I'm getting it out of the way. Jeez that's a sign that you've done everything you could have. I suggest just relax for some time, and a day before, just go over everything.
Original post by emmnemm
Yes! It's ridiculous! But I'm glad I'm getting it out of the way. Jeez that's a sign that you've done everything you could have. I suggest just relax for some time, and a day before, just go over everything.

I would hate having a Saturday exam! I hope so! Hope I don't make stupid mistakes in the exam and mess up all my hard work!!
I guess I don't mind it that much since it's the last day I'll have to go to uni :smile: Oh you won't, I'm sure! Just make sure you get a good night's sleep before the exam! Have you selected your modules for next year?
Its been a while since I've posted here.
Very ill at the moment, but I am still pulling an all nighter tonight having productive days lately. I have been tackling a 4000 word beast for the last 4 weeks, I have just over 1000 words left and now I am finally starting to understand what arguments I need to do. The essay represents 100% of my mark for the module, really hoping it is going as well as I think it is. Essay is due on the 12th, I will be finishing it tomorrow and editing and references on Sunday and submit also.

Then on top of that, I have my first exam 100% of the module as well, 3hrs 15 mins.. :frown: 2 weeks from now. I will finish covering the content (2 semesters worth) by Sunday and focus on past papers, essay plans, memorisation up until the exam. Then exactly a week later I have my last exam, 100% of the module as well, 3hrs and 15 mins, hoping to cover the content for that by the end of next week.

I have only 2 exams and one piece of coursework, but I feel soo stressed. I usually go the gym 5-6 times a week, but I haven't been motivated to exercise, only motivated to revise and get this essay done. How do you guys de-stress?
Original post by emmnemm
I guess I don't mind it that much since it's the last day I'll have to go to uni :smile: Oh you won't, I'm sure! Just make sure you get a good night's sleep before the exam! Have you selected your modules for next year?

That's true! I will! Nope, I don't get to pick any modules they're all compulsory sadly :frown:
Original post by alis-volatpropriis
Its been a while since I've posted here.
Very ill at the moment, but I am still pulling an all nighter tonight having productive days lately. I have been tackling a 4000 word beast for the last 4 weeks, I have just over 1000 words left and now I am finally starting to understand what arguments I need to do. The essay represents 100% of my mark for the module, really hoping it is going as well as I think it is. Essay is due on the 12th, I will be finishing it tomorrow and editing and references on Sunday and submit also.

Then on top of that, I have my first exam 100% of the module as well, 3hrs 15 mins.. :frown: 2 weeks from now. I will finish covering the content (2 semesters worth) by Sunday and focus on past papers, essay plans, memorisation up until the exam. Then exactly a week later I have my last exam, 100% of the module as well, 3hrs and 15 mins, hoping to cover the content for that by the end of next week.

I have only 2 exams and one piece of coursework, but I feel soo stressed. I usually go the gym 5-6 times a week, but I haven't been motivated to exercise, only motivated to revise and get this essay done. How do you guys de-stress?

Exercise-wise I think running outside is far more useful than the gym during exam period, because it's a change of scenery and some fresh air. Plus, it kind if helps you get a sense of perspective, in remembering that there's a world outside uni haha. Works for me anyway! :smile:
Original post by Antifazian
Exercise-wise I think running outside is far more useful than the gym during exam period, because it's a change of scenery and some fresh air. Plus, it kind if helps you get a sense of perspective, in remembering that there's a world outside uni haha. Works for me anyway! :smile:

Thank you for your reply! I think you're right I'm going to jog outside instead of going to the gym early in the morning during this period. It is hard to have a sense of perspective, especially when these exams will highly dictate my future career options.
So my dissertation supervisor couldn't see me today in the end because she was 'too wasted' in her words after the election yesterday. So I can't see her til Tuesday now.
Original post by jelly1000
So my dissertation supervisor couldn't see me today in the end because she was 'too wasted' in her words after the election yesterday. So I can't see her til Tuesday now.

How very professional!
Original post by rayquaza17
How very professional!

I think she might have meant exhausted from staying up all night rather than being drunk, English isn't her first language, but not great for me either way, I'm getting more and more behind with it.
Dissertation due in on Monday... over word limit (need to cut 700 words :frown: ) also have to start my 3000 word essay now (also due in on Monday) why have I left this so late :frown:
Original post by venuswaltz
Dissertation due in on Monday... over word limit (need to cut 700 words :frown: ) also have to start my 3000 word essay now (also due in on Monday) why have I left this so late :frown:

Good luck!
Original post by venuswaltz

You can do this :smile: just keep going, and think of it in smaller chunks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all,

I'm a 2nd year Pharmacy student at Brighton University :hi:

Didn't know this thread existed until I saw it on the latest discussions box on the right! :redface:
Hi, I was wondering if any of you could advise me please. I'm changing courses after this year into a different course and I am not feeling very optimistic about the exams I'm about to take. I don't know whether to email someone and ask whether I should sit them or not. My main concerns are that if I fail them it would reflect badly on me and I don't think I have enough time or motivation to revise to do well in them. But at the same time I don't want whoever I'm emailing to think of me as lazy and I don't want them to withdraw the place from me. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending