The Student Room Group

Why do these girls keep wolf whistling at me?

I was working out in my university's gym and as I changed and left, a group of girls at my university wolf whistled at me. It happened again a couple of times and when I was reading in the library later one of the girls came up to me said 'hello cutie let me see those beautiful eyes of yours' and when I turned around to look at her she gave me her phone number and told me to call her.

I am just an average guy and I am not anything special so I think those girls are attempting to play some sort of trick on me. I do not know why though. I am an introvert. However, I am harmless and I have not done anything to them, so I do not know why they are planning on tricking me. :frown:

Scroll to see replies

You are either a troll or you genuinely have a somewhat skewed perspective of what you look like. So what if you're an introvert? lol Maybe you consider yourself average but it's possible others consider you to be above to some degree... or maybe you suddenly look more appealing when you're working out at the gym. If you strongly suspect that these girls are toying with you at the gym though, just remain a little cautious. No sweat.
If you don't know them then I doubt they're playing a trick on you, but if you somehow know them it may be a trick so it would be best to avoid them.
Reminder that if the genders were reversed, feminazis would would be calling it harassment
Reply 4
pass the number onto to someone else and see what happens
Reply 5
Wow I'm surprised no one has condemned the girls wolf-whistling at him yet. Instead, he is a troll. This is one thing I don't understand about feminism.
Lol that's probably true to some extent. :tongue: If a group of guys started wolf-whistling at me while I was working out, I'd probably cringe and think, what a bunch of neanderthals! :biggrin: But if a guy later came up to me in the library and handed out a compliment and his phone no. I'd think he was alright. Might depend on the cheesy-level of that compliment though...
Original post by Ndella
Wow I'm surprised no one has condemned the girls wolf-whistling at him yet. Instead, he is a troll. This is one thing I don't understand about feminism.

I do not really mind the wolf-whistling as it seems relatively harmless. However, I would like to know why that girl gave me her number as I do not really know them and I do not know why they are suddenly taking an interest in me. I hope though that it is not some nasty attempt to trick me, as that would be unfair considering that I have only ever been polite towards them.
Original post by godivaontherocks
Lol that's probably true to some extent. :tongue: If a group of guys started wolf-whistling at me while I was working out, I'd probably cringe and think, what a bunch of neanderthals! :biggrin: But if a guy later came up to me in the library and handed out a compliment and his phone no. I'd think he was alright. Might depend on the cheesy-level of that compliment though...

I do not mind the wolf-whistling. However, if they are attempting to trick me in some way, then that seems unfair as I have done to harm them and I have only ever been polite to them.
Reply 9
Give me the number, I will call her.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Parliamentarian
I do not mind the wolf-whistling. However, if they are attempting to trick me in some way, then that seems unfair as I have done to harm them and I have only ever been polite to them.

Do you get the impression that they were all playing a prank on you? What about the girl who handed out her number in the library? Are any of them on your uni course? I guess I'd have to be witnessing it for myself to get a real idea of their intentions...

And don't stress too much hun. If it gets you down like that, just remain polite but detached from it. Play it cool, tell em' thanks and carry on but don't let yourself get caught up in any drama. I.e. don't call her back if you suspect it's a game.
Ring her and ask her.
Original post by godivaontherocks
what a bunch of neanderthals! :biggrin:

:rofl:
I was working out in my university's gym and as I changed and left, a group of girls at my university wolf whistled at me. It happened again a couple of times and when I was reading in the library later one of the girls came up to me said 'hello cutie let me see those beautiful eyes of yours' and when I turned around to look at her she gave me her phone number and told me to call her.

I am just an average guy and I am not anything special so I think those girls are attempting to play some sort of trick on me. I do not know why though. I am an introvert. However, I am harmless and I have not done anything to them, so I do not know why they are planning on tricking me. :frown:

Have some chocolate and hagen dasz that always makes me feel better after I get verbally abused by strangers for my good looks.:indiff:
(edited 8 years ago)
Do you feel harassed? This isn't cool if it makes you feel uncomfortable. Also aside for that, is there any reason so think they might be being malicious or are you just insecure? If they do it because they think you're hot are you ok with that or so you feel harassed?
Aware

OP they're obviously trying to exert control and power over you :rolleyes:
(edited 8 years ago)
They're probably secretly trannies (lmao joke)
Original post by pagorai
:rofl:

I have sent you a PM with her phone number. Have you received the PM?
I have sent you a PM with her phone number. Have you received the PM?

Yes.
post a picture

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending