The Student Room Group

womens sexist attidtude towards mens height

In this so called "politically correct society" it seems its sexist and shallow for men to have preference and have a ideal woman but its ok for women to have preference towards men.

If a man says "My idea woman is size 8, blonde, big boobs, green eyes" all the feminist will be marching and shouting objectification of women and sexism.

Yet when a woman says she wants tall, dark, handsome, blue eyes, it is seen as preference.

This is what I despise about politically correct society and feminism, they are hypocrites and men's issues are invisible to them. They view men as expendable and only men who they deem worthy in physical looks can talk to woman, otherwise unwanted advances.

Men are objectified daily, most women would not even give men time of day to know their personality unless the men passed their shallow list of physical demands, or can provide money.

Most women would not marry down, they see men with so called" low status" as expendable or invisible. Men's suffering is invisible to them, its a case of man up or die, and yet society bends over backs to save women.

Rant over:colondollar:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Someone said it.
Agree with everything you said, but unfortunately that is the society we live in
There is nothing wrong with having a preference and everyone is entitled to one. I believe men are well within their rights to want a "size 8, big boobed, green eyed blonde", and any woman who kicks up a fuss over that is clearly annoyed that she doesn't fit the criteria:mmm:
Reply 4
Nah, I like tall, dark haired women with booty.

In all seriousness, 'boobs, booty/hips' etc are characteristics that originate from a biological perspective in determining an appropriate mate. But men, being the dogs we are, often objectify women based on these characteristics.
I think that we as a species over think this kinda stuff too much instead of moving forward and becoming the most intelligent, Dolphins still lead us by a huge margin, will we ever close that gap? We will need a new management system as a species as well as new PR methods and employees to make our social setting better
Original post by h3isenberg

I
I believe
i believe that
i believe that that
i believe that that was
i believe that that was fake
Reply 7
Original post by Yeah dude
I think that we as a species over think this kinda stuff too much instead of moving forward and becoming the most intelligent, Dolphins still lead us by a huge margin, will we ever close that gap? We will need a new management system as a species as well as new PR methods and employees to make our social setting better

I'd like to try whatever you're smoking.
Original post by JD1lla
I'd like to try whatever you're smoking.

Its pretty good stuff actually, it's called my old mans Harley Davidson, such a radical ride, I'm in love I think :colondollar:
I agree but everyone is subjective to this matter, so it's not like we will ever reach change.
Reply 10
Its pretty good stuff actually, it's called my old mans Harley Davidson, such a radical ride, I'm in love I think :colondollar:

I love your use of metaphor.
Original post by JD1lla
I love your use of metaphor.

You see, this is how we evolve as a species y'all, we compliment each other on metophorical skills, now we push and overtake the dolphin and win gold medal, 7 billion gold medals, Sochi has a real tight job on their hands
I get your point. Preferences are often counter-attacked as being "sexist remarks" by some feminists, but what you need to unserstand is that this "battle of arguments" is going on among every opposing ideologies.

Enjoy the beauties you fancy and disregard whatever some people/whether men and women might think. Just make sure that if you're aiming for a blondie with emerald eyes and a full cleavage you are able to match what preference she might have of the opposite sex.

Fun fact: as a girlie I always wanted a tall, incredibly bright blond haired and blue eyed man, with medium curly hair. I ended up dating a tall, incredibly bright dark haired, green-hazel eyed man with curly hair and a short incredibly bright blond haired and blue eyed man with short straight hair. They were both wonderful, and smart af :proud:

Preferences remain just a guideline, to me at least xD
(edited 8 years ago)
Totally agree, with radical feminism it's almost now no longer a case of true equality, but for women's rights to be superior to men's. You are totally correct, if it is acceptable for a woman to rant about preferring tall, strong men (to say nothing of their penis size), then it must also be acceptable for men to express their preferences concerning women's physical traits.
I
I believe
i believe that
i believe that that
i believe that that was
i believe that that was fake

Fake or not, I still thinks it makes a good point and those sorts of conversations definitely happen.
Boo hoo. Guys get judged on their looks? Well so do girls and its 100x worst. I find it funny when guys complain about being short because these guys still have high standards.

Guys are very vocally picky about having preferences about body shape, weight, height, race, hair colour, eye colour, makeup etcccccc. Guys are more picky.
Reply 16
Original post by mattcar904
In this so called "politically correct society" it seems its sexist and shallow for men to have preference and have a ideal woman but its ok for women to have preference towards men.

If a man says "My idea woman is size 8, blonde, big boobs, green eyes" all the feminist will be marching and shouting objectification of women and sexism.

Yet when a woman says she wants tall, dark, handsome, blue eyes, it is seen as preference.

This is what I despise about politically correct society and feminism, they are hypocrites and men's issues are invisible to them. They view men as expendable and only men who they deem worthy in physical looks can talk to woman, otherwise unwanted advances.

Men are objectified daily, most women would not even give men time of day to know their personality unless the men passed their shallow list of physical demands, or can provide money.

Most women would not marry down, they see men with so called" low status" as expendable or invisible. Men's suffering is invisible to them, its a case of man up or die, and yet society bends over backs to save women.

Rant over:colondollar:
Not sure this is true. Fine to discriminate on these things in a DATING context, just not an academic, work, career development context. But I do agree with you that for some crazy reason girls do seem a bit hung up with having a guy taller than them - don't really understand it myself. Mind you small girls are a bit cute although that's not to say tall ones can't be bloody attractive.
Original post by Zarek
Not sure this is true. Fine to discriminate on these things in a DATING context, just not an academic, work, career development context. But I do agree with you that for some crazy reason girls do seem a bit hung up with having a guy taller than them - don't really understand it myself. Mind you small girls are a bit cute although that's not to say tall ones can't be bloody attractive.

lol, yes girls care about height a lot but guys care about many other traits such as body size, race, weight, height, makeup, fashion etc. Most girls just mention tall and some other personality traits when asked what they like. Men will give a list of physical traits.
Original post by Zarek

I guess this is due to gender stereotypes still being very much alive and kicking. Even though it's changing, we cannot deny that most us were brought up with the ideals that a man has to be tall and strong to protect his woman. This is reinforced by Disney films and all sort of movies and media where women are fragile and fawn over tall man etc ad infinitum.
Reply 19
Original post by EdmundWoodstock
I guess this is due to gender stereotypes still being very much alive and kicking. Even though it's changing, we cannot deny that most us were brought up with the ideals that a man has to be tall and strong to protect his woman. This is reinforced by Disney films and all sort of movies and media where women are fragile and fawn over tall man etc ad infinitum.

Absolutely, look at Anna an Kristoff. I guess in attractiveness you like what you like. In the world at work it should be more about your brain and ability.

Quick Reply

Latest