The Student Room Group

G541 Psychology OCR EXAM TOMORROW

Scroll to see replies

I hope it accepts both, I put opportunity sampling as the method of sampling participants was opportunity sampling.
Bit of a shock them doing experiments, observations and self reports for the second year in a row.

For the last 2 questions on the self report, the changes (which was a bit unusual in itself), I changed it to an interview where the 3 questions I'd wrote in the previous question remained the same etc. Then the results would lead to less saying they'd help people because it's face-to-face.

All in all, the exam seemed generic apart from the changes question, typical questions about sampling methods, experimental design etc. I have psychology tomorrow so I'll discuss it during then.
I said event too... but everyone else I know put opportunity. :frown:

I think it was the word method that made it confusing...
Original post by daisy_amelia
I said event too... but everyone else I know put opportunity. :frown:

I think it was the word method that made it confusing...

I said event because it was an observational study, i swear its right i was stressing so much. I beg someone here confirms with their teacher pls.
Original post by Bricktop
I said event because it was an observational study, i swear its right i was stressing so much. I beg someone here confirms with their teacher pls.

i put event sampling too
Ok I've dug around on a couple of past exam papers as wording seems to be key here.
http://prntscr.com/741jtn is a Jan 2011 paper which is about a sampling method.
This one from June 2010 uses sampling technique and sampling method as a description to how participants are sampled.
http://prntscr.com/741ks0

I've yet to find an observation one asking about sampling technique.
I cant find any observation sampling method questions, I'll need to ask my teacher tomorrow.
Original post by Craig1998
I hope it accepts both, I put opportunity sampling as the method of sampling participants was opportunity sampling.
Bit of a shock them doing experiments, observations and self reports for the second year in a row.

For the last 2 questions on the self report, the changes (which was a bit unusual in itself), I changed it to an interview where the 3 questions I'd wrote in the previous question remained the same etc. Then the results would lead to less saying they'd help people because it's face-to-face.

All in all, the exam seemed generic apart from the changes question, typical questions about sampling methods, experimental design etc. I have psychology tomorrow so I'll discuss it during then.

I originally used a self-report with open questions, but for the change I put use 'closed questions' would this be wrong? :colondollar:
i put random sampling because it was asking How you would select children from the group not asking for a method of taking down their behaviour? am I wrong?
The second last question was what would you change about your method still keeping it self report, something like that. What was the answer there?

I said use an unstructured interview I think that's right
Original post by Ashaaibrahim
I said use an unstructured interview I think that's right

yh i think is right i am so gutted that i messed up this question ,after the exam i realised
I hate the fact that OCR people will be on here looking at the feelings after the exam and not being able to tell us what sampling they were looking for.
Hi guys,

I also put opportunity sample :frown:
What did you put for the median question?
And is anyone willing to do an unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by Ashaaibrahim
omg guys! the exam was good except the question in section asking about the sampling method! i said opportunity sampling but apparently it was event? reply guys

i put that too
Original post by NK18444
Hi guys,

I also put opportunity sample :frown:
What did you put for the median question?
And is anyone willing to do an unofficial mark scheme?

I basically put that the median would be used if there were outliers as extreme values can skew the mean - leaving the results to be unrepresentative and misleading. Whereas the median does not take into account outliers and blah blah. Also, I talked about variation ratio.

That's a pretty vague version of what I put, I'm not sure if it's right.

I'm sorry to say I think it's opportunity since based on your logic regarding it being an observational study it could just as easily have been a time sample I think
I hope I can settle this by saying its certainly opportunity sampling because a sampling method is how you find your sample. Time/event sampling are methods of data collection. Other than that, how did everyone find the exam?
Also, shall we try to put together an unofficial mark scheme? If someone can remember the questions in order we could give it a go, it depends how people feel about how they did
Original post by MCmnbvgyuio
Also, shall we try to put together an unofficial mark scheme? If someone can remember the questions in order we could give it a go, it depends how people feel about how they did

Yeh that's definitely a great idea. I think, for starters, that the first question was 'Identify the experimental design used in the study' and the second questions was 'Outline ONE strength and ONE weakness of using this experimental design'.
For the second last question what did you change about your method?

I said I would use closed questions instead of open questions. What did you put?
Original post by MCmnbvgyuio

Yes I 'll help out!
I was a little worried about the opportunity sample question and the median question (I think these were my weakest questions) but for everything else I think I did okay.
Can anyone send any of the questions they remember and I will try to make up a mark scheme

Thanks

NK

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending