The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

LOL at asking for a ban then returning after a week

strong willpower/10
Reply 9861
Original post by difeo
LOL at asking for a ban then returning after a week

strong willpower/10

I just wanted to share my thoughts on the crisis is all, if it was full return I would have asked for AR to be unbanned

go revise for your next GCSE

edit : whens ur last exam we gotta do this FIFA thing Me and Jam vs u and FK
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by RA95
I just wanted to share my thoughts on the crisis is all, if it was full return I would have asked for AR to be unbanned

go revise for your next GCSE

"crisis"
ok Eboracum
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
Goals are goals. And Lacazette has 23 non penalty goals this season. Goals against big teams are usually more reliant on the quality of one's team, than the quality of the striker, see Luis Suarez at Liverpool, then Barcelona.

Yes, and a lot of players from British clubs take longer to adapt to a big club/never adapt as well. Wenger wouldn't play him on the wing. He's a striker. He doesn't have the work rate to play on the wing for you. The only reason that Welbeck is played on the wing is because he's **** up front. I've already had a discussion Lacazette's career progression and why he's a great bet to continue scoring heavily for the rest of the decade, so there's no 'if he continues playing at this level' necessary.

We don't need another "flat track bully" we need a sttiker who'll score against the bug teams and 5-9. Maybe Lacazette could be that guy, but im certain Benteke would.

As I've already said, hr isn't going anywhere so why is it even up for discussion?
Reply 9864
Original post by difeo
"crisis"
ok Eboracum

Go read the edit

Ty

Could add Luke and SUG into the mix to make it real funny. Luke to try and injure as many of SUG's players as he can
Original post by RA95
Go read the edit

Ty

Could add Luke and SUG into the mix to make it real funny. Luke to try and injure as many of SUG's players as he can

19th June fam lets do it

Luke and Sug are poverty ps3 crew unfortunately
Wenger being as likeable as always, legit blaming the other team for getting a result against his. It's sad.

Original post by leinad2012
But there are so many counterexamples.

Di Maria, Falcao, Jo, Shevchenko, Verone, even Robihno. These players are all forgotten about

Di Maria and Falcao only just joined the PL. WTF?

You're not gonna have every player have amazing form for every club they join. Players struggle in Russia too, some don't. It happens.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9867
Original post by difeo
19th June fam lets do it

Spoiler

Original post by ozzyoscy
Wenger being as likeable as always, legit blaming the other team for getting a result against his. It's sad.

Di Maria and Falcao only just joined the PL. WTF?

You're not gonna have every player have amazing form for every club they join. Players struggle in Russia too, some don't. It happens.

We can't afford to have a new striker who flops in their first season, we need someone who's going to bang in 20 in their first season, which is why I included them
Original post by difeo
19th June fam lets do it

Will join PS4 master race after manz makin p after june 12
Swansea have become only the 3rd team to ever do the double over Man Utd & Arsenal in a season (West Ham 06/07 & Chelsea 09/10)
Original post by TornadoGR4
Swansea have become only the 3rd team to ever do the double over Man Utd & Arsenal in a season (West Ham 06/07 & Chelsea 09/10)

Oh they won at Liberty too?

LOLOLOLOLOL
Only 6 pages till the new thread
Original post by Depleted
Oh they won at Liberty too?

LOLOLOLOLOL

Yeah, 2-1
Original post by The Shed End
Only 6 pages till the new thread

Mine was locked by #salty Arsenal fans/mods
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Lol ye

Oh come on, it's not that deep. Same could be said for LVG, vastly better credentials than Monk and is simply a better manager in the game yet Monk was able to out fox him twice this season too. It happens. Poyet managed to outfox Mourinho twice last season taking 4/6 points from the two fixtures, does that mean Jose's past it? Ton of other examples but cba to type them now.

Tonight was just an example of how good a team Swansea are and what a season they're having. Just a bad tactical decision from Wenger, don't think it's fair to call out his whole managerial existence for us because of one game. Our run had to end somewhere, too bad it was tonight lol :smile:

Yeah exactly I would say the same for LVG, he's never impressed me as a manager. Also even though Mourinho loses some games doesn't mean he's past it because he still wins league titles and Wenger can't even challenge for them. Swansea is a good team when you compare them to teams like West Brom, Stoke & Aston Villa but they are not when you compare them to Arsenal. I think that Arsene has proven he hasn't got the credentials to even seriously compete for a league title much less the champions league, you can forget about winning them. My analysis is not based of one game but instead from Wenger's 11 years of failure since his last league title win.
Original post by leinad2012
We can't afford to have a new striker who flops in their first season, we need someone who's going to bang in 20 in their first season, which is why I included them

All you seem to need is one good striker every 10 years, maybe Giroud is your star man for the next decade. Still, you were calling them flops period. It looks like Di Maria will come good, while Falcao could always do well at another club. We just don't know yet.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ozzyoscy
All you seem to need is one good striker every 10 years, maybe Giroud is your star man for the next decade. Still, you were calling them flops period. It looks like Di Maria will come good, while Falcao could always do well at another club. We just don't know yet.

He's 28
Reply 9878
Original post by difeo
He's 28

Yeah but we're at 2015, and by the time we reach 2020 at most he'll be 32/33 which isn't completely inconceivable (though unlikely to happen) for a target man striker to still be playing

God help us if he's our main striker for that period though.
Arsenal should look at Lacazette as United did Share to be a long term investment, and go for a striker who they know will get them 30 goals this season and next. Problem is, that isn't Wengers way. I can see him going to Man City personally as they'll stupidly pay over the odds for tonnes of players, including English ones, and sell Dzeko and even Bony.

Latest