The Student Room Group

AQA Sociology Unit 2 Education and Research Methods Forum

Anyone who did the Families and households exam good luck with your result!! How did you find it? I thought I'd make a forum where we can make predictions for the next exam/share resources etc.

Scroll to see replies

I thought it was 50/50 not too hard not too easy but it was so hard to remember stuff because it was such a bit subtopic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NicoleKayz
I thought it was 50/50 not too hard not too easy but it was so hard to remember stuff because it was such a bit subtopic

Posted from TSR Mobile

wait which subtopic do you mean? you did AQA didnt you :eek:
I think it went okay I am glad childhood and social policies came up. I wrote ten sides my hand was aching so much after that exam. How did you feel it went ?
bump
What do you predict for unit 2?
Original post by amelia098
I think it went okay I am glad childhood and social policies came up. I wrote ten sides my hand was aching so much after that exam. How did you feel it went ?

thats good! and me too those are definitely two of my strongest topics. i think it went okay too but im scared for the education paper!!
I agree! I got a couple of sociologists wrong but there was a lot of content....
Does anyone have an predictions yet for Education questions or things that might come up in methods in context?
I don't think I've written enough but I'm better at education anyway so I'm hoping that drags the mark up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Education past questions:

June 2014 - Ethnicity (12) & Functionalism (20)

June 2013 - Class (12) & Gender (20)

Jan 2013 - Gender (12) & Marxism (20)

June 2012 - Policies (12) & Ethnicity (20)

Jan 2012 - Gender (12) & Class (20)

June 2011 - Functions of education system (12) & Internal factors leading to underachievement (20)

Jan 2011 - Gender (12) & Functionalism (20)

June 2010 - Class (12) & Policy (20)

Jan 2010 - Labelling (12) & Gender (20)
I think policy will be one of the questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LewisW180598
I think policy will be one of the questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe The New Right for the 12 mark. Idk...
Policy most likely to come up as a 20 marker, I'd also consider class
Reply 14
I think they'll ask about external factors for class perhaps because in 2011 june they asked for internal factors for all 3
Reply 15
I think new right as a 12marker and policies as a 20marker

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
My teacher predicted the 20 mark for education as assess the view that material deprivation is the main cause of differences in educational achievement between social groups
And she also predicted the research methods 20 marks as
Why do sociology a prefer different sampling types
Either social policy, ethnicity or gender :erm:
Original post by fallingleaves97
Anyone who did the Families and households exam good luck with your result!! How did you find it? I thought I'd make a forum where we can make predictions for the next exam/share resources etc.

I predicted childhood and social policies to come and revised them well! but in the exam obviously under pressure i did forget two important sociologists names :/ but overall i though the exam was pretty amazing and hopefully did good.
As if the 24 markers were on marriage or anything, I would have just failed lool
Reply 19
Original post by jemimahxo
I predicted childhood and social policies to come and revised them well! but in the exam obviously under pressure i did forget two important sociologists names :/ but overall i though the exam was pretty amazing and hopefully did good.
As if the 24 markers were on marriage or anything, I would have just failed lool

What are your predictions for unit 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending