The Student Room Group

Who's doing the AQA Religious Studies B Exam on Wednesday (13/05/2015)?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by missaxo
Yeah!!! So many different answers

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know! So many people got confused and tried to ask the invidulators.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KristaWinchester
I feel dead inside.
I did prejudice- ''what do religious believers believe about/think about ageism?'- and drew a complete blank! :frown: What did everyone else do?
I feel my A* has gone down the drain!

I quoted the Elderly and Death teachings :/ I felt there was so little time to write the answers
Original post by woahexams
The entire exam was a bit of a disaster; first most of us had no idea how to number the questions so it took like 4 mins to figure that out. Second my pens kept running out (lucky I had more lol) and third, there was soooooooo much external sound! Like, there were helicopters and students and vehicle sounds..... soooooo distracting!!! (It was definitely worded poorly! I did alternatives to abortion too (adoption and fostering) but idk. The paper itself was decent (kinda hard tbh) and I HATED the mark allocation but timing was definitely an issue. If I had an extra 10 mins, I would have done much better... A* thrown out the window, foresure :

I feel the same! Just 10 more minutes would have been perfect!!!!!
I wrote about 7.5 pages. Is it enough? how many pages did you write roughly?
I think the duration of this exam should be 1 hour and 50 minutes like for the people with the extra time. I should have had extra time but the invigilator didn't give the extra time because my target grades are A and A*
Original post by Sana2323
Hey I did the same but a lot of my friends came out saying they thought the question meant what are the alternatives to abortion.

I thought it was about different views. I wrote about Pro-life and Pro-choice? LOL oopss.....:confused::colondollar:
Original post by TheSurrealTV
I wrote about 7.5 pages. Is it enough? how many pages did you write roughly?

I don't think pages matter to be honest :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KristaWinchester
I feel dead inside.
I did prejudice- ''what do religious believers believe about/think about ageism?'- and drew a complete blank! :frown: What did everyone else do?
I feel my A* has gone down the drain!

I just rambled on with some nonsense that religous believers wouldn't agree with Ageism because discrimination is wrong and people are all equal? I think
*Cries*
Original post by Sonia101
I quoted the Elderly and Death teachings :/ I felt there was so little time to write the answers

Omg how stupid were the questions!! They were worded so awkwardly. I get A* in RE all the time but that whole exam was just horrible:mad:
Original post by ColorMiKiki
I just rambled on with some nonsense that religous believers wouldn't agree with Ageism because discrimination is wrong and people are all equal? I think
*Cries*

That's what I did too. Shoved a few random quotes in which probably had no relevance too. God the whole paper was just a nightmare!!
Original post by helloitsmee
I wrote alternatives like fostering and all and I'm pretty sure that should be fine cause it's on the specification content and comes up often. Anything else that makes sense should too.

I'm pretty sure it wanted you to write about adoption and all that. That's what everyone in my year did.
I did religion and young people too, and on that question I did the first bit ( it said ....OR coming of age. I assumed it was birth ceremonies?? so I focused on that I'm not sure whether you could, but yeah... I said that they welcome the child into he faith and also says thanks to God, and an example of baptism. I think what you wrote was completely correct too!
And I wrote similar for the other question too :smile::smile:But I didn't say anything about choosing lol

Original post by missaxo
If anyone did young people:

- did any of you give examples for the coming of age ceremony? I gave an example of bar/bat mitzvah, hopefully that's right..
- for the question that said 'explain problems for young people who CHOOSE to follow a religion'

I said that peer pressure may play a massive part eg a young Muslim man who wants to go out with his friend may be peer pressured to drink which is haram or a young Christian woman who goes out with her friends may be encouraged to do indecent things eg sex before marriage and then I spoke about its place in the bible, and then I went on to say how there shouldn't be any problems anyway because they CHOSE to follow the religion so they should know the consequences..

Would that be right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by woahexams
I did religion and young people too, and on that question I did the first bit ( it said ....OR coming of age. I assumed it was birth ceremonies?? so I focused on that I'm not sure whether you could, but yeah... I said that they welcome the child into he faith and also says thanks to God, and an example of baptism. I think what you wrote was completely correct too!
And I wrote similar for the other question too :smile::smile:But I didn't say anything about choosing lol

Oooh thank you!! Probably just stressing!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
I think the duration of this exam should be 1 hour and 50 minutes like for the people with the extra time. I should have had extra time but the invigilator didn't give the extra time because my target grades are A and A*

Hey,

I got extra time for the RS exam and my target grade is an A*. Are you sure they were supposed to do that? Check with your exams officer. That doesn't sound right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by im_mo
Hey,

I got extra time for the RS exam and my target grade is an A*. Are you sure they were supposed to do that? Check with your exams officer. That doesn't sound right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you think they can start to give me extra time after 3exams?
Reply 75
Do you think they can start to give me extra time after 3exams?

Hey,

They should! In my school, even if the invigilators don't think you should get extra time or rest breaks (or both), they still give it to you anyway. They don't verify there and then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The extra time is more to bring people with learning difficulties on an equal level. I get it, and I couldn't finish my paper, didn't even attempt a six marker and rushed whole two topic areas.
Reply 77
Original post by helloitsmee
The extra time is more to bring people with learning difficulties on an equal level. I get it, and I couldn't finish my paper, didn't even attempt a six marker and rushed whole two topic areas.

In my school, they gave it to people who said they had RSI (repetitive strain injury) in their hand. Loads of people say this when they acc don't need it. I get extra time and rest breaks because some visual problem I have. BUT just managed the paper though.

Hope you do well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by im_mo
In my school, they gave it to people who said they had RSI (repetitive strain injury) in their hand. Loads of people say this when they acc don't need it. I get extra time and rest breaks because some visual problem I have. BUT just managed the paper though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope you do well!

Oh, the schools I've ever been at are so strict about this extra time thing. But yeh they do give it to people with very weak English. Either way, I find it quite annoying when my friends think I'm getting some kind of a privilege or advantage over them by getting extra time. I NEED it, and they think its like I have more time just like that or something. Even with extra time, my word processing makes me crazy slow. :/ Aw thanks, same to you! The mark scheme is actually much more generous than I was thinking, which is why I do have to admit I was elaborating loads and hence ran out of time perhaps. Oh well. Good luck for Unit 3 or any other unit you're doing!:smile:
Original post by Déscartés
Who else thought that the question on abortion choices was poorly worded?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought that question was quite easy
Wasn't it just adoption,fostering or keeping the baby

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending