13.a
14.d
15.b
16c
17 a
18. B
19 c
20a

I got exactly the same as you apart from question 4 which I know I got wrong... That's hopeful :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sophie_ L_ K

No problem :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody know what their multiple choice answers were? Or know the correct answers looking at the paper I posted?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the multiple choice I got:

1. D
2. B
3. D
4. A
5. D
6. B
7. C
8. C
9. B
10. C
11. D
12. A
13. A
14. C
15. B
16. B
17. A
18. B
19. C
20. A

I think I got 14 and 16 wrong and i'm not sure about 7?
What did everyone get for the question that was asking for a complex nutrient or something? That you added to the agar plate? It gave amino acids I think and you had to say another one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody have a copy of the full paper by any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the multiple choice I got:

1. D
2. B
3. D
4. A
5. D
6. B
7. C
8. C
9. B
10. C
11. D
12. A
13. A
14. C
15. B
16. B
17. A
18. B
19. C
20. A

I think I got 14 and 16 wrong and i'm not sure about 7?

I think it was D as starch can be broken down into glucose

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sahilkakar
1. D
2. B
3. D
4. A
5.d
6. B
7.d
8. C
9. B
10.c
11.d
12.a
13.a
14.d
15.b
16c
17 a
18. B
19 c
20a

I got everything the same as you but 7. I got c..that only fat and protein can be changed to directly enter the citric acid cycle because wouldn't starch be just converted to glucose and only enter into glycolysis thus c? :s-smilie:
Original post by tinababy
I got everything the same as you but 7. I got c..that only fat and protein can be changed to directly enter the citric acid cycle because wouldn't starch be just converted to glucose and only enter into glycolysis thus c? :s-smilie:

Yeah that's what I was thinking about 7...

Does it not say which can be broken down into molecules that can be used...so starch is broken down into glucose which can be used

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sweatpea_98
Does it not say which can be broken down into molecules that can be used...so starch is broken down into glucose which can be used

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes but I think it says 'directly' into the citric acid cycle. Wouldn't starch only enter by being changed into glucose and then through glycolysis?
What did everyone get for the question that was asking for a complex nutrient or something? That you added to the agar plate? It gave amino acids I think and you had to say another one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put vitamins but I think beef extract was right also :biggrin:
Yes but I think it says 'directly' into the citric acid cycle. Wouldn't starch only enter by being changed into glucose and then through glycolysis?

Oh yeah I read it as being used for glycolysis not the citric acid cycle so you are right :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I put vitamins but I think beef extract was right also :biggrin:

I just put glucose :biggrin:

I put starch as I wasn't sure whether glucose was a complex molecule :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure, I just learnt the ones we got told were complex nutrients at school (amino acids, vitamins, beef extract and fatty acids) so you could be right :wink:
I put starch as I wasn't sure whether glucose was a complex molecule :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh was it supposed to be complex ... Oh well. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending