The Student Room Group

Help

Please someone tell me what is better advanced higher English or advanced higher biology. Which is more fun or easier to do
Original post by Userrrr314
Please someone tell me what is better advanced higher English or advanced higher biology. Which is more fun or easier to do
It depends on what you enjoy more!
I would say if you love reading and are good at annotations + being creative, go with English!
If you're good at memorisation and organisation, I would say go with Biology!

For me, I would say that English would be the easier/more fun option as you can be expressive in your essays and be creative on how you want to dissect your subject for your examiner.
My reasoning for not choosing Biology as the easier/ more fun option is that my friend in 6th form is now studying higher biology, and she finds it difficult to get under all the complex topics of each unit.

However, if you're looking for something much more useful in the future, I would say pick higher biology as there are more careers that respect biology more than english.
Reply 2
Original post by jelllyfiiish
It depends on what you enjoy more!
I would say if you love reading and are good at annotations + being creative, go with English!
If you're good at memorisation and organisation, I would say go with Biology!

For me, I would say that English would be the easier/more fun option as you can be expressive in your essays and be creative on how you want to dissect your subject for your examiner.
My reasoning for not choosing Biology as the easier/ more fun option is that my friend in 6th form is now studying higher biology, and she finds it difficult to get under all the complex topics of each unit.

However, if you're looking for something much more useful in the future, I would say pick higher biology as there are more careers that respect biology more than english.

Thank youuuu the thing is I’m already going to pick higher maths and chemistry next year and I needed a advanced higher I was thinking biology but then it might be a lot then I thought about English as it’s a bit easier than bio as we can be creative whereseas for bio there’s a lot of problem solving but I don’t know
Original post by Userrrr314
Thank youuuu the thing is I’m already going to pick higher maths and chemistry next year and I needed a advanced higher I was thinking biology but then it might be a lot then I thought about English as it’s a bit easier than bio as we can be creative whereseas for bio there’s a lot of problem solving but I don’t know
I believe there's some overlap between chemistry and biology so it may be more useful to pick biology. But I don't think there's any harm in picking English unless you're picking something in the science field in the future!
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending