The Student Room Group

Can you transfer from Chemistry A to Chemistry B for your second year?

Hey guys.
So could someone do that?
I know within the science there is Chemistry A and B, I could be transferring sixth forms this September and I'm getting different answers. Going the exam board around August but the sixth form I would like to go to is doing Chemistry B though it is still the same OCR exam board. Is Chemistry A and B completely different?
Reply 1
Original post by Cherry82
Hey guys.
I know within the science there is Chemistry A and B, I could be transferring sixth forms this September and I'm getting different answers. Going the exam board around August but the sixth form I would like to go to is doing Chemistry B though it is still the same OCR exam board. Is Chemistry A and B completely different?

no
Reply 2
Original post by Cherry82
Hey guys.

Yes you can. It's called a Transfer of Credit and the rules are here:http://www.jcq.org.uk/exams-office/entries/gce-entry-information-incltransfer-of-credit/gce-as-transfer-of-credit-arrangements-2015-2016
It says:
Chemistry†AQA, CCEA, Edexcel, OCR and WJEC
All transfers are acceptable
N.B: Transfer from OCR Chemistry ‘A’ specification to OCR Chemistry ‘B’ specification (and vice versa) is acceptable.
Reply 3
Original post by MUTTA
no

Sure? I checked and it said something about it being possible but I wasn't sure.
Reply 4
Original post by Compost
Yes you can. It's called a Transfer of Credit and the rules are here:http://www.jcq.org.uk/exams-office/entries/gce-entry-information-incltransfer-of-credit/gce-as-transfer-of-credit-arrangements-2015-2016
It says:
Chemistry†AQA, CCEA, Edexcel, OCR and WJEC
All transfers are acceptable
N.B: Transfer from OCR Chemistry ‘A’ specification to OCR Chemistry ‘B’ specification (and vice versa) is acceptable.

Thank you xx

Quick Reply

Latest