The Student Room Group

German AS Edexcel Unit 1 - 14th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Claire_Bee
what vocab do you know? I don't think I know anything about health and lifestyle :/

For that topic I think they're similar sounding to English so I can remember it easier compared to the travel and tourism topic, that is the worst!
The vocab on health and sunbeds is quite easy to learn. I'd prefer an essay on youth culture because I did that for my speaking exam so i'm more familiar with it
I'm quite nervous for listening and reading :O (especially the answer in German ones) - does anyone have any last minute tips? :smile: I just get the feeling I'm going to go in and forget three years of German before I even write my candidate number!
Also for health, the main vocab I learnt included diseases and disorders, the word for side effects, patients etc.
Original post by turtlesarecool1
I'm quite nervous for listening and reading :O (especially the answer in German ones) - does anyone have any last minute tips? :smile: I just get the feeling I'm going to go in and forget three years of German before I even write my candidate number!
Also for health, the main vocab I learnt included diseases and disorders, the word for side effects, patients etc.

thanks! and for the answer in german questions the markschemes say it is ok to take words from the text if they have the answer but you can't lift massive chunks because it shows you don't really understand the text, so be concise and only pick out whats relevant

Also they only mark the first response for a 1 mark question so even if your second point is correct then you won't a mark for it because its not the first thing you wrote

good luck!
Hey. I know this is really late but I only got my laptop repaired.. Do any of you have any links where I can find past papers.
I'm not too scared about the content I'd just like to see how the structure of the exam is gonna be.
I didn't get any past papers from my teacher because I am taking the exam without having taken any classes so I didn't actually have lessons
It would be awesome if I could get an answer :smile:
Original post by freyaa_xx5
Hey. I know this is really late but I only got my laptop repaired.. Do any of you have any links where I can find past papers.
I'm not too scared about the content I'd just like to see how the structure of the exam is gonna be.
I didn't get any past papers from my teacher because I am taking the exam without having taken any classes so I didn't actually have lessons
It would be awesome if I could get an answer :smile:

this is probably too late but they're all here: http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-a-levels/german-2008.coursematerials.html#filterQuery=Pearson-UK:Category%2FExam-materials or just google edexcel as german past papers if the link doesn't work
Good luck everyone!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sooo..... Opinions? I thought the listening was quite hard, but the reading ok. And the writing ......hmmmmm.
how did everyone find it? listening was pretty tough especially table tennis, what the heck was that about!? thought all the readings were pretty easy and the writing was good
Yeah especially where exactly they play tennis - it was on mini tables right? But what about the other mark!
Original post by connortyler
how did everyone find it? listening was pretty tough especially table tennis, what the heck was that about!? thought all the readings were pretty easy and the writing was good
Original post by Joeboyshop
Yeah especially where exactly they play tennis - it was on mini tables right? But what about the other mark!

i heard them say something about having 5 stops or something?! absolutely no idea, really hard! i also thought the 4 answer question about TV and exercise was really hard too
What did people get for the first and second listening one, if anyone remembers ;-;

Posted from TSR Mobile
i heard them say something about having 5 stops or something?! absolutely no idea, really hard! i also thought the 4 answer question about TV and exercise was really hard too

I found the listening much harder than usual - Q3 and 4 were really bad :frown: what do you think the grade boundaries will be?
Original post by LilacFlorence
I found the listening much harder than usual - Q3 and 4 were really bad :frown: what do you think the grade boundaries will be?

im hoping maybe 50 for a B?
im hoping maybe 50 for a B?

I think it will be less than that for a b, as it's usually around 51/52 for an a. I also heard about the stops on the train for them to do interviews or something, but that's not where they played tennis. I ended up just writing it was underground
I think it will be less than that for a b, as it's usually around 51/52 for an a. I also heard about the stops on the train for them to do interviews or something, but that's not where they played tennis. I ended up just writing it was underground

oh right! well i feel a bit better than since i feel the reading was pretty good.. how did you find the reading?
Original post by d4rkshines_
What did people get for the first and second listening one, if anyone remembers ;-;

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was literally guessing most of them so they are probably wrong :redface: but I think this is what I put:

1. a) ii
b) ii
c) iii
d) i

2. A,C,E, D
oh right! well i feel a bit better than since i feel the reading was pretty good.. how did you find the reading?

I actually found the reading really good. The only thing I wasn't sure about was what specifically the app told you about the costs. The text said they were abgedeckt, and I know bedeckt is cloudy so I though maybe hidden costs? Is that what you got?
Original post by d4rkshines_

Posted from TSR Mobile

well for the first one i put that the boys worked less than the girls and that they didnt have enough time for hobbies (thats all i can remember). the second question i put that she cried, she was overweight, that the boys had to do 50 hours work and then she got some money? really not sure tho
Original post by LilacFlorence
I was literally guessing most of them so they are probably wrong :redface: but I think this is what I put:

1. a) ii
b) ii
c) iii
d) i

2. A,C,E, D

Oh thank god. I think I got most of them. If I get a C in that paper I will cry with happiness tbh. I felt as if the writing was a tad random:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I actually found the reading really good. The only thing I wasn't sure about was what specifically the app told you about the costs. The text said they were abgedeckt, and I know bedeckt is cloudy so I though maybe hidden costs? Is that what you got?

well i thought abgedeckt meant covered, as in it tells you what costs were covered by the insurance, and i just about managed to remember the Ruckzahlung was repayment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending