The Student Room Group

I think am mental :( Does anyone else talk to themselves during an exam?

I think I have a problem.I talk to myself in exams I cant concentrate if I havent talked to myself and its abit loud Do I need help?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Na
Reply 2
No, you do not need help. Its exam stress, I personally also mumble to myself especially if I dont understand a question. Try not to talk too loud else you risk being kicked out of the exam.
Reply 3
hahaha like i really read the question out loud.thats how i get to understand it
Lool nope dw. They say those who talk to themselves are the smarter ones. Talking to yourself when answering qs makes your brain work harder. More nerve impulses are made to the brain. If someone calls you weird tell them to shuttup. It's natural for people to do that. I do it myself in exams and i don't even realises Lol oh well..if it helps me to be more focused i don't mind
Original post by omarkhatri
Lool nope dw. They say those who talk to themselves are the smarter ones. Talking to yourself when answering qs makes your brain work harder. More nerve impulses are made to the brain. If someone calls you weird tell them to shuttup. It's natural for people to do that. I do it myself in exams and i don't even realises Lol oh well..if it helps me to be more focused i don't mind

I got a warning for talking to myself :cool: so just make you are quiet!
Original post by maggie43
I think I have a problem.I talk to myself in exams I cant concentrate if I havent talked to myself and its abit loud Do I need help?

I talk out loud when trying to solve a difficult problem too! :woo: Something about saying the words helps :smile: :yy:

I guess it's only a problem if it's distracting to others, so try keeping it to a whisper?

Good luck with your exams :h:
Reply 8
thank you
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I talk out loud when trying to solve a difficult problem too! :woo: Something about saying the words helps :smile: :yy:

I guess it's only a problem if it's distracting to others, so try keeping it to a whisper?

Good luck with your exams :h:

i just talk to myself. Quite loud too. No ones said anything
thank you

Looking at this thread you're definitely not the only one! :biggrin:
Seek professional help
Reply 12
Rofl I sing what I'm writing (srs)

:blushing:
Not out loud in an exam

I sometimes almost laugh in exams because all I have is a pen and pencil, so when we have to draw some axis or something everyone has their ruler out and I'm sat their trying to draw straight lines with my pencil as a ruler. The invigilators must think "what the **** is he doing?" And I just find that funny haha
Original post by AstroNandos
Not out loud in an exam

I sometimes almost laugh in exams because all I have is a pen and pencil, so when we have to draw some axis or something everyone has their ruler out and I'm sat their trying to draw straight lines with my pencil as a ruler. The invigilators must think "what the **** is he doing?" And I just find that funny haha

Why don't you buy yourself a ruler....? :console:
Reply 15
Not out loud in an exam

Same here
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Why don't you buy yourself a ruler....? :console:

I always lose them or snap them within a week so I just gave up with them. I even have to get pens off of my sister because I lose my ones :frown:
Reply 17
I always lose them or snap them within a week so I just gave up with them. I even have to get pens off of my sister because I lose my ones :frown:

Have you considered investing in a pencil case? :tongue:
Just do it quietly and nobody even cares.

I sat next to this girl in a Maths exam once who muttered numbers under her breath the whole way through. I was ready to throw something at her after about 5 minutes, couldn't concentrate on anything worth a damn and kept remembering her numbers rather than mine.

You need one of these bad boys.

Maybe not a Hello Kitty one. I've got a One Piece one and it's immense. Never lose anything again. Thank you Japan.

Quick Reply

Latest