The Student Room Group

Does anyone else feel a depressed feeling after GCSEs?

Ahh, I don't know if anyone can relate but I feel so empty right now. Like I'm just this thing on earth with no purpose and I have this constant sad worthless feeling. I haven't even woken up yet and got out of bed because its like, what's the point anymore. I don't really have any friends like at all, no one to message, no one to talk too. I used to hide behind my exams and pretend like I didn't care that I was constantly alone, but now I have nothing. Pretty pathetic. I looked forward to a holiday for so long, now that its here I feel so dead like I can't describe it. Does anyone else relate
Honestly, I did gcses a few years back and I get where you're coming from. It's perfectly normal- you've been so busy with revising and stressing about exams that now they are over you having nothing to do. My advice would be to keep busy - maybe find a new hobby?
Original post by laritaiscool
Ahh, I don't know if anyone can relate but I feel so empty right now. Like I'm just this thing on earth with no purpose and I have this constant sad worthless feeling. I haven't even woken up yet and got out of bed because its like, what's the point anymore. I don't really have any friends like at all, no one to message, no one to talk too. I used to hide behind my exams and pretend like I didn't care that I was constantly alone, but now I have nothing. Pretty pathetic. I looked forward to a holiday for so long, now that its here I feel so dead like I can't describe it. Does anyone else relate

Hey yes I'm feeling exactly the same. Was also really looking forward to this holiday but now it's actually come I don't know what to do with myself. I'm feeling absolutely horrible about finishing school as due to some mental health issues I was never able to make friends, and now we've finished I might never see some of those people again. I really want to stay in contact with them but I can't and it feels like they're all going to forget about me and it sucks. I've been socially isolated for a really long time and I feel so out of touch with reality. I don't know anything about myself or what my interests are or what I'm like as a person. I have no idea what I want to do with my life. I've never felt I fit in much with anyone else and I've always felt very different personality-wise. The way I see the world just seems so different to the way anyone else of our age sees it, which makes finding friends even harder. I've tried making friends online with people from my school as well as outside it, but I just don't seem to click with anyone. I also might not do so well in my GCSEs because of my mental health so I might not be able to stay at my school for sixth form (grade requirements are high), which will really suck as I'm from a grammar school where everyone else is going to do so well and I just feel like such a screw up. They'll all get back in and I'll be chucked back out into the deep end again at some other sixth form I don't want to go to, and have to go through the whole situation of being unable to make friends all over again. They'll all get to be together and I'll be alone and miss out and they'll forget about me. I'm really scared of not being able to accomplish anything good with my life and of not being successful in the future, so if I don't perform well academically or I don't get back into my school it'll just feel even worse. I just feel so isolated and lost and I just don't see the point in anything. But we're only 16 I guess, it's probably not too uncommon to be feeling some of this atm. I think a lot of people are unsure what they want to do with themselves at this stage. Just need to pull through the next 10 weeks or so and then we'll move on to the next thing. I think once we get there it'll be easier. One step at a time I guess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending