The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by enaayrah
On that note, I should probably get out of bed :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why is my working out wrong? I'm abit confused by what the mark schemes want. It's q6ii.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
Why is my working out wrong? I'm abit confused by what the mark schemes want. It's q6ii.

I haven't checked all your working but when you where completing the square shouldn't you have halved the 3?
And you should learn the quick way of dividing polynomials!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lyricalvibe
I haven't checked all your working but when you where completing the square shouldn't you have halved the 3?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah :redface:.I hate the other way of dividing polynomials, this way is quicker for me.
Original post by lyricalvibe

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ty.Problem solved.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel like I bombed the coursework,so I feel extra pressure to do well in the exams.

Yeah the grade boundaries for that is usually pretty high.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Lyricalvibe got there before me. I hope it's clearer now :smile:
Original post by nurav11
Yup I did for OCR, If it was the square roots of 5+12i question, I got 3+2i and -3-2i which then had to be used for the next part. Three roots? We may well have done different papers but if you can remember the question, I'll see if I can answer it :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh i see, im doing edexcel
I've developed a mouth ulcer and I had a dream last night that all my teeth fell out. Exams are not conducive to good health! :tongue:
Original post by antisansculotte
I've developed a mouth ulcer and I had a dream last night that all my teeth fell out. Exams are not conducive to good health! :tongue:

Doesn't a dream with teeth falling out mean something? Apparently it's a common dream that points to something haha. As for the mouth ulcer, I have also developed one and its right under my tongue and it is so annoying :angry:
Original post by antisansculotte

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pics or it didn't happen.
Only joking. Is it sore? Are you that stressed you got a mouth ulcer?
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Same,but add in Tues for physics for me.

OMG! That's hard work! I was originally taking Physics as an As level and then I realise that I have to do some presentations infront of the whole class ( I hate presentations so much because my English isn't good and I moved to a new school as well). So I decided that I am going to do FM instead of Physics. Good luck with all your exams! :smile:
Original post by Earth1
OMG! That's hard work! I was originally taking Physics as an As level and then I realise that I have to do some presentations infront of the whole class ( I hate presentations so much because my English isn't good and I moved to a new school as well). So I decided that I am going to do FM instead of Physics. Good luck with all your exams! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ty 😃.
Original post by Protoxylic
Doesn't a dream with teeth falling out mean something? Apparently it's a common dream that points to something haha. As for the mouth ulcer, I have also developed one and its right under my tongue and it is so annoying :angry:

I googled it but it all seemed a load of mumbo-jumbo.

Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR MobilePics or it didn't happen.Only joking. Is it sore? Are you that stressed you got a mouth ulcer?

I wouldn't have thought so, but apparently yes!
Original post by Wawasan
x

Did you know you can normally drop 7-10 marks in econ2 and get full UMS?? :biggrin:
Original post by BBeyond
Did you know you can normally drop 7-10 marks in econ2 and get full UMS?? :biggrin:

Yep! :biggrin: It's something similar, albeit slightly higher for ECON1 - I think the highest its ever been for 100 UMS on both papers is 72 although don't quote me on that - it's just what I can remember! Given that people have regarded this year's ECON1 as the most difficult yet, and I probably wouldn't disagree since both Contexts had difficult elements, there's hope that it can be as low as we hope this year!
Original post by Wawasan
Yep! :biggrin: It's something similar, albeit slightly higher for ECON1 - I think the highest its ever been for 100 UMS on both papers is 72 although don't quote me on that - it's just what I can remember! Given that people have regarded this year's ECON1 as the most difficult yet, and I probably wouldn't disagree since both Contexts had difficult elements, there's hope that it can be as low as we hope this year!

Man if econ1 was less than 70 for full UMS I would be SOOO buzzing I reckon I got 68 minimum but could be 72 minimum depending on whether my diagram was acceptable for the 12 marker :biggrin:
Original post by BBeyond
Man if econ1 was less than 70 for full UMS I would be SOOO buzzing I reckon I got 68 minimum but could be 72 minimum depending on whether my diagram was acceptable for the 12 marker :biggrin:

Yeah the annoying thing is that its difficult to tell how you've done on the second section however, it doesn't take a lot to impress Examiners for Economics I don't think, especially when having a look at exemplar answers :cool:
Original post by Wawasan
Yeah the annoying thing is that its difficult to tell how you've done on the second section however, it doesn't take a lot to impress Examiners for Economics I don't think, especially when having a look at exemplar answers :cool:

yeahhh true that but i haven't gotten less than 23 in a 25 marker so a man can only hope he didn't **** up that hard aye :tongue: i actually find econ2 easier, despite the lower boundaries so should be sorted :biggrin: especially the multiple choice it's mostly common sense :redface:
Original post by BBeyond
yeahhh true that but i haven't gotten less than 23 in a 25 marker so a man can only hope he didn't **** up that hard aye :tongue: i actually find econ2 easier, despite the lower boundaries so should be sorted :biggrin: especially the multiple choice it's mostly common sense :redface:

Yeah haha I was thinking that - maybe people find ECON2 less predictable although that gives more room to impress. Also the multiple choice is a bit wordy at times so that might throw people off but if it's anything like ECON1's multiple choice this year then it should discriminate well between the best candidates since it will be answerable for those who know their stuff think hard. It's safe to say though that the Contexts will probably be quite unpredictable!
Original post by Wawasan
Yeah haha I was thinking that - maybe people find ECON2 less predictable although that gives more room to impress. Also the multiple choice is a bit wordy at times so that might throw people off but if it's anything like ECON1's multiple choice this year then it should discriminate well between the best candidates since it will be answerable for those who know their stuff think hard. It's safe to say though that the Contexts will probably be quite unpredictable!

Yeah true I guess :tongue: Yh but if you ignore all the waffle it's fine :wink: You reckon the m/c was hard? I only think I got one wrong by not being able to read :tongue:

Btw what would you say the answer to this? http://gyazo.com/a528c963ed407133370eb00da3de45d5 I'm 99% sure it's A but the markscheme says D so am I retarded or?

Latest

Trending

Trending