The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC

Scroll to see replies

Can't wait to fail this GCSE.
Original post by adapttochangelad
I have got a feeling that one of the questions will be like 'Remind yourself of the Inspector's final speech' because that's quite important and they haven't asked a question about that before

I dunno but I really want that to be like the question like a little extract of it and because also they haven't done that for a while yet
Can someone pleeeease give me an essay structure or what to put in each paragraph for these characters?
Slim
candy
george and lennie?
i know it's a big ask but Im not too sure how much I should write?
Bit bad as I'm predicted an a* though :/
a big thank you to whoever helps me out!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 463
I keep getting D's for my essay questions (practice ones) how can I get a higher grade?
More in depth analysis of language used.
Use the PEEL, point evidence explanation, then link back.
urgent! anyone give any predictions for TKAMB and The Crucible?! We can discuss and give help.
Original post by JG12333
More in depth analysis of language used.
Use the PEEL, point evidence explanation, then link back.

i get told to do PEELE paragraphs,
point
evidence
explanation
language
effect on reader
just a little different might be a help!
Original post by Natalie15
urgent! anyone give any predictions for TKAMB and The Crucible?! We can discuss and give help.

I've heard Danforth and the Putnams for the Crucible,

and the theme of Courage for TKAM...

Don't take my word for it though, but I'm drafting answers right now
Out of curiosity, does the heron eating the little snake have any significance in the novella? Does it foreshadowing anything? Because when i was reading the book, it came across my mind that it upholds some significance.....
Original post by web-girl
For OMAM is is ok to write about my brother keeper* and the Arthurian legends* which are parallels theme in OMAM, or is it seen as going too off topic. I wrote about it in a mock exam out of a whim to gain extra marks because I knew it would impress my teacher. I could perhaps squeeze a paragraph in this in my essay but is it worth it?

*For those who don't know> Cliff notes.

I wouldn't... Focus on the themes in the novel itself, they'd probably deem it too off topic and discussing the themes within the novel rather than parallels in greater depth would likely be a better use of time and gain you more marks:smile:
Any ideas for who might come up in the character question of An Inspector Calls?
I'm praying for Sheila!:redface:
Interesting point! I always thought that the heron and the snake symbolised something. The only thing I could thing of is that the snake in the beginning of the novella is described as harmless whereas at the end it is lurking and very much a predator. Perhaps it relates to Lennies situation? Not too sure though
Reply 472
Whatever it is we have all read the book and no doubt no the novels inside out so just think and we'll all be fine!
Is it possible for carlson or whit to come up?!
I wouldnt know what to say if they did come up! Aghh help <3
What's coming up for OMAM and AIC?
Hey can anyone help me out ? For the of mice and men question there are two parts and I am just wondering could you possibly link ur answer to the context in part a even though it is for part b ? So there is a question on slim and a asks for how he is presented but b asks how are some people more important than the others. Could I write that he is important in part a so talking about the context in a or do I only sayit in b?
can someone please tell me if candy has come up before?
Original post by Rachael.86
Is it possible for carlson or whit to come up?!
I wouldnt know what to say if they did come up! Aghh help <3

Anything could come up really, but I doubt they will, because they're not that significant to the story/themes in the story. It would be hard to get good answers out of people form Wit Or Carlson - they'll probably ask something easier, like about Curley or another main character or theme in the book.

Good luck, though!
Also has anyone seen Mr bruffs video? He said that u have to say why priestly presents a character in this way and link it back to the theme but I am a bit lost here ! So if there is a question like hOw does priestly present Arthur birling do you say stuff like he is presented as arrogant and priestley does this to show how wrong capitalism is ? I don't know if I am supposed to focus on the question which asks how he is presented or why he is presented this way ?? Thank u help help !
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by a_hussain15
can someone please tell me if candy has come up before?

Yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending