The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hannah4475
For TKAM part b) - I wrote about Tom Robinson...I'm now worrying about whether we were allowed to pick him as the mockingbird since he had already been named???

Nah dw I and many others I know did Tom Robinson. It never said to choose another character specifically so for me Tom Robinson was the easiest. How did you find the passage?
Original post by Nila15
I found the An Inspector calls question on Mr Birling easy though the OMAM question was kind of weird...

By the way on the OMAM question part b) was it ok to have talked about violence this I believe that too relates to the brutality of life???

You could talk about Curley's wife, Crooks, violence, American Dream, Candy's dog, friendship... so much you could write.
did anyone else do lord of the flies for the first question? if so which one did you choose? :smile:
How much did you guys write

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannahoreilly56
did anyone else do lord of the flies for the first question? if so which one did you choose? :smile:

The one on the darkness of man's heart :smile: you?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TH3-FL45H
How much did you guys write

Posted from TSR Mobile

6 and a half pages in total, 2 for the first one and 4 and a half for the second
Original post by Cookiemonster057
Nah dw I and many others I know did Tom Robinson. It never said to choose another character specifically so for me Tom Robinson was the easiest. How did you find the passage?

Thanks :smile: Not great tbh...couldn't really find any devices except listing! How about you?
Did anyone do Martyn Pig?
The one of the darkness of man's heart :smile: you?

yeah same i was so happy when it came up:biggrin:
Thanks :smile: Not great tbh...couldn't really find any devices except listing! How about you?

Me too! I felt everything I said about Atticus was a bit too simplistic. That was the last passage I ever expected to come up
Reply 550
For the Curley's wife passage - what could you write about it?
For TKAM part b) - I wrote about Tom Robinson...I'm now worrying about whether we were allowed to pick him as the mockingbird since he had already been named???

I did Tom as well, and I also thought this:/ but there was nothing saying that we weren't allowed :smile:
Original post by ellamaddiet
I did Tom as well, and I also thought this:/ but there was nothing saying that we weren't allowed :smile:

I did Boo Radley... For some reason at the time I thought that we couldn't do Tom after it had said him before... Oh dear well that was my delusional exam brain for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 553
What do u think the grade boundaries would be for this paper as it is was not completely easy (BTW I did OMAM and AIC)?
Original post by examswhizz
I did Boo Radley... For some reason at the time I thought that we couldn't do Tom after it had said him before... Oh dear well that was my delusional exam brain for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did Boo as well however my opening paragraph was on Tom and the rest was on Boo will I be penalised?
You won't get penalised don't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me too! I felt everything I said about Atticus was a bit too simplistic. That was the last passage I ever expected to come up

I found the devices very difficult too! I wrote about the metaphor of 'buzzed' and started talking about flies and insignificance and everything and then discussed the mockingbird as a symbol and started blabbing about how Atticus uses the word 'sin' and discussing the religious imagery which i think is totally wrong! I think i might have mentioned 'tribal' and said that it portrayed the Finches as an army fighting against Maycomb as well! Do you think that is suitable? I'm really panicking now that I didn't say more about sentence structure:frown:
Original post by DaringDaniel
I did Boo as well however my opening paragraph was on Tom and the rest was on Boo will I be penalised?

No - you won't be penalised --- as long as it links to the question the examiner will be LOOKING for places to give marks to you. I am sure it will be fine! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by examswhizz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by ellamaddiet

I did dolphus Raymond
Original post by Acirar
For the Curley's wife passage - what could you write about it?

Fragmented sentences reflect her violent death
The majority of the dialogue is from Lennie, so we get to see how he's feeling and what his point of view is while Curley's Wife is only there to be killed off, suggests she's used as a plot device in George and Lennie's lives rather than a character in herself
Lennie is scared that George will be mad at him so he doesn't realise what's going on, which stops him from becoming a villain- makes the death seem more tragic- also we might hate Curley's Wife more than Lennie because she's put a stop to George and Lennie's American Dream- we've gotten to know Lennie whereas she's constantly referred to as a tart etc.
Both stay in character- CW is scared about her hair getting ruined before she realises what's going on, shows she's always concerned about her looks, while Lennie means to do well but ends up doing something bad (not intentionally though)
and so on

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending