The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2660
I recon it will be like 48-50 for an A fingers crossed !!!
Original post by anniemp
Yeah, same, was really confusing. Didn't know what they were asking for. Do you think i would get credit for writing about life events?

Yes because of the wedding I was gonna say that but couldn't structure IT in my head properly in exam lol
Reply 2662
Original post by Romanoff
Hopefully you got 72/72 then!

That was indeed a fairly decent paper but I personally may have messed the last question up :c So pissed off right now

I'm not trying to sound like a d*ckhead but i didn't really revise for that exam (only learnt about SIT 5 minutes before the exam started) but if a kid did revise they could have easily got 100ums. I only did 2 past papers and i recognised a good 4 questions (probably 15 marks all together) it's just a shame i didn't remember the answers lol
That was a much nicer paper than last years, the 12 marker was a gift
Original post by SunDun111
Did anyone else use consistency with mosovicis study. For the social influence

yes i did :biggrin:
Reply 2665
Original post by mollev27
Guessing you're expecting full marks then :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Already explained the situation :smile: (probably sent about 2 minutes ago)
Original post by korrin
Quite a few people in my year missed the first question :p:S
I thought the 3 markers on informational and normative were a bit stretched :/
I wrote zach was more likely to conform and that janet was stressed due to workload?? I also wrote about systematic desensitisation instead of sit X
Generally I feel like the paper focused on the very particular aspects of each unit which was really annoying.

I thought the first paper was easier and this one was to try get people to flop to make it even? I hope they don't do that for the Nazi History paper on Wednesday D:

WHOA which question asked about SIT and systematic desensitisation?
Guys i wrote about Hardiness training for psychological stress management is this wrong??
I only started revising this morning but I think that I did really well. I think that I got an A overall. :u:
Original post by Chembiopsych
That was a much nicer paper than last years, the 12 marker was a gift
last years was disgusting I got an E despite getting an A on unit 1
Original post by anniemp
For the question on Janet, about having a new project, planning her daughter's wedding, and planning her family holiday, and why she was feeling stressed..was the answer due to life events, and then Holmes and Rahe study?

I wrote about job control and strain so i put Mormot et al

Did anyone else write this?
Reply 2671
Original post by Lad lol
WHOA which question asked about SIT and systematic desensitisation?

The one in the stress sections that asked for a psychological therapy so it was SIT, there was no question where u needed systematic desensitisation
Reply 2672
Original post by honeypot43
ok so thats kinda offensive to people who work really hard to achieve good grades for the subject? You don't gain anything out of putting other people and their efforts down so please stop. Some people find the subject really hard and rightly so as it depends on your abilities. It's not a 'fake subject' and my other subjects are considered 'hard subjects', it just depends on your ability doesn't it?

You do have to work hard, all i'm saying is that it's really easy if you do (much easier than the likes of physics or economics) You never really have to apply yourself and imo in an AS-Level that should be a requirement. If you have memorised
(not learnt) everything you could EASILY get full ums IMO
Original post by honeypot43
No, you should have reffered to research about workplace stress, so karasek's job-strain model and marmot et al supporting this. She lacked control in her job and it was also high demand = high strain job and very stressful. You could also use papers like Johansson too :smile:

I did workplace but I think you can do life changes because it talked about her life outside work
Original post by supersnowgirl
Guys i wrote about Hardiness training for psychological stress management is this wrong??

No that's fine it could be SIT or hardiness training
Original post by SSD07
The one in the stress sections that asked for a psychological therapy so it was SIT, there was no question where u needed systematic desensitisation

My god I can't remember this question .. Was it the one where you can say RET as well? As I said the ABC model
Original post by Lad lol
last years was disgusting I got an E despite getting an A on unit 1

Yeah i got a D and i was very disappointed, really hoping i've done better this time around. Good luck in your other exams :smile:
Original post by cherrycola98
No that's fine it could be SIT or hardiness training

**** how many marks was that question
Worth? I said RET and abc model ffs
Was the question on behavioural approach 8 marks? and was it just outline and not evaluate?
Reply 2679
for the janet question i started writing about workload and johansson study but then i thought it was wrong so i crossed it all out and instead i wrote about low job control and marmot et al, i also wrote a little on rahe et al and life changes? is this wrong? this question was 4 marks, right? correct me if i'm wrong

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending