The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kitty260
What did you get for the daily hassles one I put gervais :frown:

I put about DeLongis.
Original post by iamJOM
Outline the behavioural approach; it was the 12 marker that was on biological therapies.

Yeah, I've probably got a U then, I've already dropped 14 marks definitely😔 how do you find the paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zoex101
RET will get u marks

I hope you're right everyone is saying it doesn't apply. But I did justify it in relation to stress and it IS a psychological method
Reply 2743
Original post by fudgeboy989
Y u being a d*ckhead for. I think you should leave the chat m8.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:'(
Original post by SunDun111
It was behavioural

Okay thank you☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eleanor303
For the daily hassles study did you have to talk about more than one, or would one in lots have detail been fine?

There's usually a breadth depth trade-off so talking about one in detail should get you the 4 marks if you were detailed enough - just make sure you only outlined the findings and not the procedure!

I could barely remember any details so I just named lots of studies and briefly commented on them :P
Original post by Marli-Ruth
I did BB
BZ
antipsychoitics
Antidepressants
In detail

Damn I only said phenoziazepines
For what a scattergram shows i wrote the 2 variables does this get me 2 mark or not instant reply please

Also for SIT i wrote for skills acquisition that the patient is taught a range of skills and examples in stressful situations, i forgot to addd the cope bit to the stressful situation do i lose a mark because i shows detailed knowledge of the 3 stages
for social change question if you wrote anything from this mark scheme you're right

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-PSYA2-W-MS-JAN12.PDF

Q9
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lad lol
last years was disgusting I got an E despite getting an A on unit 1

I just took a look through last years paper, I think I would've aced it. I hated this year's one... nothing I knew in great detail came up.

Guess it depends what you revise, huh 😒
Original post by iamJOM
The incorrect one - B I think. Most studies find that as stress increases immune system functioning decreases, which was C.

Oh jeez.. yeah I just realised a higher score meant better health was it? The question's wording was quite confusing tbh :\
Original post by nat100000
Yeah, I've probably got a U then, I've already dropped 14 marks definitely😔 how do you find the paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

14 marks will still get you an A given previous grade boundaries! An E is normally 30/72, so I really doubt that you've got a U. I thought it got much better as it went along - I'm fairly certain I got full marks on unit 1 so I'm hoping for that here too :colondollar:
For Janet, I did write about lack of control at work but then stupidly wrote about life changes will I still get the marks for lack of control? Or will I just drop all marks because I did half of it wrong?
Disadvantage of scatter diagrams??
HOW ABOUT QUESTION ON BEHAVIOURAL METHODS WHICH EXPLAINED STRESS? I DID OPERANT AND CLASSICAL CONDITIONING. It was a 6 marker :/
Guys you know when you evaluate something and your doing a02 and your using other studies to support/use against. If you put one disadvantage of this comes from the study done by .... Would that still count as an a02?
Original post by unimaginable118
WAIT i dont remember what letter i put but i put the positive correlation one, which one is that :O :\

positive correlation was B so you can be my friend :biggrin:
why is informed an ethical issue? i wrote that the participant should be aware if they are taking part in research study but also if they are not given informed consent then they are taking part in research study without there knowledge so this is why it is a ethical issue get me 2 marks?
Sadly no
As it was taking about social change so you should of put, moscovivi (1969), suffragettes and civil right movement and talk about being consistent to create a snowball effect.

Regards
Original post by evekay
positive correlation was B so you can be my friend :biggrin:

Hopefully we'll be right although I'm starting to doubt it hahah :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending