The Student Room Group

The English Centre Back

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ozzyoscy
Nah, Shearer outright elbowed the keeper. If that had been the other way round and the ref allowed the goal, the fans would be sending the ref death threats and the guy would be retired 5 years early.

I don't necessarily disagree, but Roa came for a ball he was never going to claim. He wouldn't have got a fist to it whether Shearer was there or not.
In 2004, Campbell had a solid header, and John Terry was done for climbing on top of someone, so the goal didn't count. :frown:
Original post by Paul Krugman
Great/extensive list of top-class centre-backs, but a major omission - possibly the only one - is Fabio Cannavaro.

D:

Of course, how could I forget Fabio Cannavaro! 5ft 9 and one of the best ever.
Reply 23
Original post by jammy4041
In 2004, Campbell had a solid header, and John Terry was done for climbing on top of someone, so the goal didn't count. :frown:

Still think we'd have won that game, and maybe the entire tournament, if Rooney hadn't limped off in the first-half. Two departures for Rooney against Portugal - in 2004 and 2006 - in different circumstances, led to England's downfall.
Reply 24
Ledley King would be in England's starting XI if he didn't have to retire due to injury
Original post by yo radical one
Haven't watched Chelsea play in a long time so I have little emotional investment in this, but Zurich's posts are like being back at primary school.

You always have the girl who says she hates boys, that they smell, that they have 'cuties', deep down she just wants your attention. The sad thing is, rather than being a 7 year old girl, he is a 20-something year old man.

Bruh don't you go out with a 16 year old
Original post by Depleted
Bruh don't you go out with a 16 year old

17 actually.

Quick Reply

Latest