The Student Room Group

GCSE / A Levels; What's gone, how did it go, and what's left?!

Hey!

Just a thread to discuss exams; those that have passed, how you felt they went, and those left to come. Currently doing my AS exams.

I'll kick it off; I had AQA Psychology Unit 1 on the 11th; I think I've passed!
Similarly, Unit 2 yesterday; could have been better OR worse.

AQA Business Studies Unit 1 yesterday; pretty good!
AQA General Studies Unit 1 on Friday the 15th; the least said the better. Interesting to say the least!

Still to come; General Studies Unit 2 this Friday.
WJEC ICT on the 1st of June.
AQA Music on the 2nd.
Business Unit 2 on the 4th.

Also taking ABRSM Grade 6 Theory on the 20th, and Grade 6 Practical (Euphonium) on the 22nd!
Reply 1
Currently doing A2 exams.

First exam was on the 13th May, NICCEA A2 History paper 1: Went alright, nice enough essay.
NICCEA RE A22 on the 14th May: Decent paper. Better than last year!

I had RE A25 today and could have been better could have been worse. My next paper is tomorrow, A22 History, on the 26th May I have NICCEA A2 Politics 1 and on the 1st of June my A22 Politics. Then my only repeat is AS2 History on the 11th of June.

I think I'll be ok.
Reply 2
Original post by billymccreith
Hey!

Just a thread to discuss exams; those that have passed, how you felt they went, and those left to come. Currently doing my AS exams.

I'll kick it off; I had AQA Psychology Unit 1 on the 11th; I think I've passed!
Similarly, Unit 2 yesterday; could have been better OR worse.

AQA Business Studies Unit 1 yesterday; pretty good!
AQA General Studies Unit 1 on Friday the 15th; the least said the better. Interesting to say the least!

Still to come; General Studies Unit 2 this Friday.
WJEC ICT on the 1st of June.
AQA Music on the 2nd.
Business Unit 2 on the 4th.

Also taking ABRSM Grade 6 Theory on the 20th, and Grade 6 Practical (Euphonium) on the 22nd!

Just realised - you play the euphonium? Awesome. I play the tenor horn.
Original post by CescaD96
Currently doing A2 exams.

First exam was on the 13th May, NICCEA A2 History paper 1: Went alright, nice enough essay.
NICCEA RE A22 on the 14th May: Decent paper. Better than last year!

I had RE A25 today and could have been better could have been worse. My next paper is tomorrow, A22 History, on the 26th May I have NICCEA A2 Politics 1 and on the 1st of June my A22 Politics. Then my only repeat is AS2 History on the 11th of June.

I think I'll be ok.

Best of luck!
Original post by CescaD96
Just realised - you play the euphonium? Awesome. I play the tenor horn.

Sure do; bit of a brass all-rounder; want to teach music in the future, and do it at uni!
Reply 5
Sure do; bit of a brass all-rounder; want to teach music in the future, and do it at uni!

Nice. I can play the French horn and trumpet too, but my favourite is the tenor horn, even though it's a nasty key to work with - E flat. I never did music at GCSE and I regret that now!
Reply 6

AQA Music on the 2nd.

Same here for AQA music!

I play the piano :smile:

I'm doing the musical theatre brief for my music across time thing.

How are you revising listening? I think it's a pitfall to just revise Haydn and Musical theatre, since I don't think my theory knowledge will cover me for the listening like it did in GCSE music...

Quick Reply

Latest