The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
I have 6 left and one tomorrow :frown:
I don't usually get very stressed that's why it was so bad! Aw, I had a really crappy first exam but I really hope the other 5 are better!

Oh my god that's a lot of exams. Good luck!
Original post by jelly1000
good luck, hope you have more success than I've had so far!

Thank you, I hope your luck turns around too! Just have to console ourselves with the fact that getting started is supposedly the hardest part...
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
Oh my god that's a lot of exams. Good luck!

I know :frown: Curse you biomedical sceince!
gah eventful few days- my laptop had water damage quite badly so had to replace it :frown:
The boy has flown off to the states for 10 days and I miss him so much but we're back at the same time.
Next 2 exams on Thursday and Friday :redface:
Oh and more blood tests :frown:

I'm looking forward to being home for summer
Today is my third exam in a row and I am soo tired from it all, after this afternoon's exam I have a week until my next ones thank God.
My last (ever) exam was yesterday. I don't think it went badly, but I don't really want to think about it until I get my grades back. I'm so nervous, I'm really close between a first and a 2:1, and I'm probably going to get the latter, but I'm so close!
But now I'm FREEEE :biggrin:
I hope everyone's exams are going okay, and good luck for all remaining ones. Remember if you found it hard, chances are everyone else did the exam marks will be scaled.

I had one today and it was perfect. I predicted the all of questions that were going to come up. :biggrin: I was literally writing the fastest I've ever wrote in an exam and I still ran out of time to check my answers and fix one that I think might have been wrong. But yeah I'm glad that one is out of the way! Only 5 left!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Antifazian
Thank you, I hope your luck turns around too! Just have to console ourselves with the fact that getting started is supposedly the hardest part...

thanks- it definitley is- especially with such a long piece of work, knowing where to start is so difficult. I was relieved to find out I don't need a specific lit review section though.
thanks- it definitley is- especially with such a long piece of work, knowing where to start is so difficult. I was relieved to find out I don't need a specific lit review section though.

That's interesting that you don't need one, why's that? Although, I find the lit review the easiest bit to do, as it's basically just an essay!
That's interesting that you don't need one, why's that? Although, I find the lit review the easiest bit to do, as it's basically just an essay!

I don't know, but all the past dissertations one of my tutors had just had the literature under each mini topic heading e.g. EU labour laws, rather than bundled together in one section. We had to do a mini one for our proposal and I found it hard cos I just going 'this person says this and then this person says this and then this person says this.' And I was worried about overlapping if I had a literature review because I would have needed some of the literature in my main sections anyway as there is only so much original research I can do.
I don't know, but all the past dissertations one of my tutors had just had the literature under each mini topic heading e.g. EU labour laws, rather than bundled together in one section. We had to do a mini one for our proposal and I found it hard cos I just going 'this person says this and then this person says this and then this person says this.' And I was worried about overlapping if I had a literature review because I would have needed some of the literature in my main sections anyway as there is only so much original research I can do.

Having mini ones before each chapter does sound quite cool, actually!

Re. overlapping, I was told that it's good practice to use literature used in the lit review to analyse the research chapters, though, as it helps the whole thing maintain coherence throughout, and shows that you've engaged with the literature, rather than just listed it off.
Having mini ones before each chapter does sound quite cool, actually!

Re. overlapping, I was told that it's good practice to use literature used in the lit review to analyse the research chapters, though, as it helps the whole thing maintain coherence throughout, and shows that you've engaged with the literature, rather than just listed it off.

Sounds like you've had more help than I have! I'm worried about mine largely being a rehash of what other people have said and not much originalness, but I'm finding it hard to get much originalness in.
Exam for my worst module is tomorrow, really nervous 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Psyc_Girl
Exam for my worst module is tomorrow, really nervous 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

Best of luck :smile:
Best of luck :smile:

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dissertation results ready to be picked up tomorrow! :s-smilie: argh!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sounds like you've had more help than I have! I'm worried about mine largely being a rehash of what other people have said and not much originalness, but I'm finding it hard to get much originalness in.

I think that's the hardest bit, the idea itself and making it original. It can be as simple as an original research method or perspective, though, doesn't need to be groundbreaking.

I'm lucky, both my undergrad and post grad supervisors are incredibly intelligent women, and excellent supervisors.
Well guys, that's me finished university. Not gonna lie, all my assignments which I submitted there are pretty **** (one essay was started this morning for 12pm today, I didn't do a presentation worth 10%, my blog was unfinished (the project was ok tho), and my dissertation was drafted once. Whoops.), but I'm so happy to be done. It was taking a massive toll on my mental health, and I barely got through this semester. Getting that work done was almost ****ing impossible, but honestly, as long as I get a 2:1 overall in my degree (please please please :suith:), I really don't care what I get in those.

I don't think I'll be back to uni for a master's degree, afterall. I think this year was a push for me to stay interested, and with everything that happened, my focus shifted and never properly went back to uni. I just wanna focus on having an awesome year out this year, then finding a stable job for next September. I'll be leaving Northern Ireland in just under two weeks to go backpacking for a month around Europe with my best friend, which I'm excited for (tiny bit sad, gonna miss my boyfriend looooads :colondollar:), and then I'll be back home for the rest of the summer. I hopefully graduate in early July, too :smile:. I'm going to be trying to find a house over the next 2 weeks because I'm moving in with my four fantastic friends next year, too, so hopefully I'll be moving out in September! :awesome:

After that, I plan on just working the job I have now (maybe finding another one, I'll see how tight money is), and trying to go travelling as much as possible. Me and my boyfriend really want to go to Japan and around Scandinavia, so that might be a thing. I wanna buy him flights for Scandinavia/Iceland for his birthday :awesome:.

And yeah, about him, he's pretty ****ing amazing. Never thought I'd meet someone who has helped me as much as he has. He knew what he was taking on, and he's made me feel so good about myself again, genuinely didn't think it would be possible. So madly in love with him, this is all so ****ing surreal.

So yeah, mixed bag of emotions here. I'll still post in this thread even though I'm *technically* not a student anymore. Thanks for having me, guys, it's been an honour to go through three years of uni with you lot. Lets definitely try keep connected over the next few years, I really wanna know where you guys all end up :smile: xxx
Original post by snailsareslimy
Well guys, that's me finished university. Not gonna lie, all my assignments which I submitted there are pretty **** (one essay was started this morning for 12pm today, I didn't do a presentation worth 10%, my blog was unfinished (the project was ok tho), and my dissertation was drafted once. Whoops.), but I'm so happy to be done. It was taking a massive toll on my mental health, and I barely got through this semester. Getting that work done was almost ****ing impossible, but honestly, as long as I get a 2:1 overall in my degree (please please please :suith:), I really don't care what I get in those.

I don't think I'll be back to uni for a master's degree, afterall. I think this year was a push for me to stay interested, and with everything that happened, my focus shifted and never properly went back to uni. I just wanna focus on having an awesome year out this year, then finding a stable job for next September. I'll be leaving Northern Ireland in just under two weeks to go backpacking for a month around Europe with my best friend, which I'm excited for (tiny bit sad, gonna miss my boyfriend looooads :colondollar:), and then I'll be back home for the rest of the summer. I hopefully graduate in early July, too :smile:. I'm going to be trying to find a house over the next 2 weeks because I'm moving in with my four fantastic friends next year, too, so hopefully I'll be moving out in September! :awesome:

After that, I plan on just working the job I have now (maybe finding another one, I'll see how tight money is), and trying to go travelling as much as possible. Me and my boyfriend really want to go to Japan and around Scandinavia, so that might be a thing. I wanna buy him flights for Scandinavia/Iceland for his birthday :awesome:.

And yeah, about him, he's pretty ****ing amazing. Never thought I'd meet someone who has helped me as much as he has. He knew what he was taking on, and he's made me feel so good about myself again, genuinely didn't think it would be possible. So madly in love with him, this is all so ****ing surreal.

So yeah, mixed bag of emotions here. I'll still post in this thread even though I'm *technically* not a student anymore. Thanks for having me, guys, it's been an honour to go through three years of uni with you lot. Lets definitely try keep connected over the next few years, I really wanna know where you guys all end up :smile: xxx

So many heart strings pulled here :cry2:
Original post by snailsareslimy

Aww best of luck with everything! I would say as a masters student currently if you are having any doubts don't go straight onto a masters degree. It is tough especially what with having to work constantly for 12 months- I'm exhausted from the academic year and I've still got my dissertation to go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending