The Student Room Group

AQA Physics GCSE P2 & P3 [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrTechGamer
What did everyone one put for the resistance question in p2 ? like the ones with the thickness of the wire.

Wire C because the line was the shallowest so highest resistance.
Reply 1821
Omg. I think I missed a page out. I don't remember drawing a ray diagram. Can anyone remember the questions on that page?
Reply 1822
For conservation of momentum can you say all the momentum in the first object is transferred to the second object?
Original post by Bubblebex1
Charge is measured in coulombs
Resistance is measured in ohms

Posted from TSR Mobile
yes correct
Original post by S21.99
I said 3.6J (I think) for the first two as there was no working space for the gravitational energy and so I thought it must be conserved. I said 7.2 for the height (double whatever I put first...)

Yep i think that was right. And 3.6j for both kinetic and gpe
Original post by Momo88
Omg. I think I missed a page out. I don't remember drawing a ray diagram. Can anyone remember the questions on that page?

That was for P3 dont worry!!
What did you get for the momentum question??
I found the P2 exam the hardest one out of all the additional ones...I really struggled. I guess it was because I wasn't as prepared as I should have been like the Biology and Chemistry...I think the P2 has pulled my overall grade down really low now...

I didn't answer any of the plum pudding ones...:O - I ran outta time which sucked..

All the maths ones I got completely wrong because I had no idea which one to use and completely failed....all the answers on here are making me think ive done everything wrong.

I revised half life and then went blank in the exam...
The momentum questions threw me off, and even the stuff about the parachutist with all the graphs at the end..I JUST DONT EVEN KNOW.

The only question I am confident about is the 6 marker..i think I haven't even passed:frown::frown:
Is there an unofficial markscheme?
Reply 1829
Original post by Decklan
Kinetic energy

E = m * v^2 * 0.5
E = 50 * 12^2 * 0.5
E = 3600J

KE equal to maximum gpe = 3600J

Height = 7200m

I may be wrong but I think the answer was 3.6J

Could it be that you used grams instead of kg for the mass? I don't think the mass was 50kg as it was only a small toy rocket!!

7200m seems a bit high for an air powered rocket as well :smile:
Reply 1832
do you guys think the grade boundaries will be high this year?
Original post by iKali
do you guys think the grade boundaries will be high this year?

yeah. maybe 49 / 48 or even 50
Judging by unofficial mark schemes, A* in P3 and A/A* in P2.
Original post by RotomGuy
Judging by unofficial mark schemes, A* in P3 and A/A* in P2.

is there a link for the p3 unofficial mark scheme? :smile:
Reply 1836
You know for the question in p2, saying state the unit for resistance, could you put the symbol?
Original post by Pra99
I bet my house that the 6 marker in p2 will be about stars

I'm guessing that was a one way bet now huh?
Original post by 89807
You know for the question in p2, saying state the unit for resistance, could you put the symbol?

You'll be awarded the mark.
Original post by Decklan
You'll be awarded the mark.

Need help making a P3 mark scheme?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending