The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC

Scroll to see replies

Original post by missaxo
Anyone doing the character and voice cluster?? What do you think will come up?

Can the poems that were previously for foundation tier only come up?

I have a theory they want to use up all the poems on that anthology as this is the second last year of the current specification.
Original post by Hot&Spicy
Hello

I am doing character and voice,

and just had a question about the poem Singh Song:

Why is the bride on a dating website, when she is just married?
I dont undersTAND THIS. wOULD MUCH APPRECIATE AND FOLLOW YOU IF YOU COULD HELP ME OUT.

Many Thanks!!

She's on a match making website, she works as a match maker online setting them up as her husand works in the shop he has inherited
Reply 842
is anyone here doing the place cluster?
Cannot find anyone else doing Place poetry!! Has anybody got any predicitons? Replies much appreciated
Reply 844
Original post by m_wharrier
Cannot find anyone else doing Place poetry!! Has anybody got any predicitons? Replies much appreciated

The only poems that haven't come up yet are A Vision, Price we pay for the sun, spellbound and wind
Original post by G_J123
What question can come for the conflict section tomorrow?

Contemporary it will probably be .Flag or The Right Word
Literary Heritage - The Faling Leaves

based upon previous papers, these 3 have never came up
In the poem 'Give', what is the effect of the eight syllable lines?
Reply 847
Anyone have ideas on what the best poem is to compare 'To his coy mistress to' from the relationship cluster???
Reply 848
Original post by x. Humaira .x
Contemporary it will probably be .Flag or The Right Word
Literary Heritage - The Faling Leaves

based upon previous papers, these 3 have never came up

the right word came up last year on foundation, so not sure of it'll come up again
My english teacher said for character and voice brendon gallagher might come up. Anybody else have any other ideas for character and voice cluster?
Hey guys, what would you compare brothers sister maude and quikdraw to? In the poetry relationship cluster? Thanks
Reply 851
Original post by nitrocuddles
A Vision, Price We Pay and Spellbound are all Foundation tier poems. They will NEVER be mentioned in the higher paper. Of course, you can use them for comparisons and you won't lose any marks, but they won't ever be the mentioned poems on the Higher tier paper.

For the foundation, longer poems like The Prelude and 2 other which I don't know won't be mentioned because they're Higher tier.

I've heard some people say that some poems are for foundation and some are for higher, however i didn't know about place, since my teacher never mentioned it, what poems do you think will come up tmrw since all the other ones are done.
Im doing relationship cluster, could u guys tells me what yr gunna do for comparison
Original post by srw98
the right word came up last year on foundation, so not sure of it'll come up again

Sorry for the mis-understanding I was talking about higher. If You are doing higher then it didnt come up. But if you are doing foundation I am sorry i dont actaully know about foundation tier.
Can someone please help me make some solid points about the poems:

To his coy mistress and Ghazal - I think they're best to compare but I'd really like a second opinion/some suggestions!

(please!)
Original post by Monaa_
Anyone have ideas on what the best poem is to compare 'To his coy mistress to' from the relationship cluster???

Hour is probably the best as they both deal with love in relation to time, but also In Paris With You as they are both used to persuade
Original post by kxylah
The only poems that haven't come up yet are A Vision, Price we pay for the sun, spellbound and wind

price we pay for and spellbound will not be named in these exams.
I didn't study Flag and The Falling Leaves properly, anyone know any good points to mention about them if they come up? I know it won't because it came up last year but I wish Out of the Blue would come up
Original post by savannahwilddd
I didn't study Flag and The Falling Leaves properly, anyone know any good points to mention about them if they come up? I know it won't because it came up last year but I wish Out of the Blue would come up

Look @ youtube videos mate. They are the best help! :ahee::awesome::yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if its likely for hawk roosting or 'next to' to come up? im really bad at them XD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending