The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Recommended accommodation

Ive applied to study photography MMU and have my conditional offer, just applied for accommodation and was wondering which are the best halls? Cavendish is completely out of the equation as it looks like a prison! Ive put Birley down as my first choice, has anyone else applied to stay here or at other halls in manchester?:smile:
Original post by rubiefryatt
Ive applied to study photography MMU and have my conditional offer, just applied for accommodation and was wondering which are the best halls? Cavendish is completely out of the equation as it looks like a prison! Ive put Birley down as my first choice, has anyone else applied to stay here or at other halls in manchester?:smile:

I've not applied for accomodation yet but I was going to put down Birley as my first choice too! Mostly because the others look horrible😂 what other accomodation have you applied for?
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Think thats my 2nd option after wilmslow, rang up MMU accommodation the other day and they said they can't let me know if i got the accommodation until july time ?! but i'm thinking by then everywhere will be gone ? am i right ?
Original post by valentino96
Think thats my 2nd option after wilmslow, rang up MMU accommodation the other day and they said they can't let me know if i got the accommodation until july time ?! but i'm thinking by then everywhere will be gone ? am i right ?

No, you don't get your accomodation confirmed until you get your results so you'll be fine. Are you doing btec?
I've had an unconditional offer and yeh I used to !
Hey I was going to ask the same question, but how can any of you afford wimslow or birley they are like £6000 a year, all the others look like prisons and youth hostels I am soooo unwilling to go to the others
Reply 6
I applied for Birley, Victoria halls, briarfields and cambridge!
Reply 7
Nobody finds out until July/August time!
[QUOTE=manwithcape;55931607]Hey I was going to ask the same question, but how can any of you afford wimslow or birley they are like £6000 a year, all the others look like prisons and youth hostels I am soooo unwilling to go to the others

So true ! But I don't know where else I can go for accommodation, I can't find any private places to go, do you know where I can look ?
Original post by valentino96
So true ! But I don't know where else I can go for accommodation, I can't find any private places to go, do you know where I can look ?

Well I think i might settle for Briar fields halls but on the prices it simply states "TBA" which is soooo helpful, but i looked at their rents last year and it was a reasonable 4800 for a en suite which is pretty good from what I have seen so I am guessing it'll be similar this year also.

Other options for you to look at are "Liberty point" accommodation, I know someone who goes and it looks lovely and is about 122 per week, one last option is "Manchesterstudenthomes.com" and look around there for halls. I personally have no idea which way I'm going to go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending