The Student Room Group

39 or 50 week contract for 12 months master

Hi

Could someone recommend me if I should take an accommodation of 39 week or 50 week contract length. It will be for a Master program, but I am not sure if 50 weeks are necessary? Any suggestions? I could not decide between LSE High Holborn or Urbanest Westminster bridge
(edited 10 months ago)
Do you want to be looking for a short term accommodation contract at the same time as starting your dissertation/research project?
Reply 2
Maybe or otherwise I will go back home for dissertation. Is it necessary to be in town for dissertation?
Original post by PQ
Do you want to be looking for a short term accommodation contract at the same time as starting your dissertation/research project?
Reply 3
I'm asking myself the same. I can't even see the High Holborn option on the accommodation system though?
Reply 4
Oh, earlier this year I applied for High Holborn, but was not very sure if it is the right place, since it is 39 weeks
Original post by _gore
I'm asking myself the same. I can't even see the High Holborn option on the accommodation system though?
Reply 5
But if I take 50 weeks contract and later decided to stay only for 39 weeks, is it easy for the remaining 11 weeks to find a replacement tenant?
Original post by PQ
Original post by paddy_mad
Hi

Could someone recommend me if I should take an accommodation of 39 week or 50 week contract length. It will be for a Master program, but I am not sure if 50 weeks are necessary? Any suggestions? I could not decide between LSE High Holborn or Urbanest Westminster bridge

Hi there,
This depends on the duration of your course but I would probably recommend the latter. If you decide to leave before the end of the tenancy, you will be liable for the rent unless you find a replacement tenant but this can be done. I'd recommend posting on forums like this, sites like SpareRoom and social media. Just make sure to keep your accommodation provider informed so that they can process any tenancy takeover.

Hope this helps!

- Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending