The Student Room Group

Uni students: how easy was it to find accommodation once you'd confirmed your place?

This poll is closed

Uni students: how easy was it to find accommodation once you'd confirmed your place?

Very easy 20%
Easy enough 18%
No problems 9%
Quite difficult 11%
It was a nightmare 23%
Something else (let us know in the comments!)19%
Total votes: 150
Getting into university is exciting, but once you’ve secured a place you’ll have to sort out practical things like where you’ll live.

It can be a different experience for every student some plan it in advance for their firm choice, while others only start looking after going through Clearing.

So how easy did you find it to secure accommodation at university after you confirmed your place?

Did you have any specific struggles you? Or do you have any tips for anyone who’s about to apply for university?

Let us know :smile:
Original post by Vic Vinegar
Getting into university is exciting, but once you’ve secured a place you’ll have to sort out practical things like where you’ll live.

It can be a different experience for every student some plan it in advance for their firm choice, while others only start looking after going through Clearing.

So how easy did you find it to secure accommodation at university after you confirmed your place?

Did you have any specific struggles you? Or do you have any tips for anyone who’s about to apply for university?

Let us know :smile:

Hi,

I found it pretty easy to get student accommodation once I had accepted my course as I decided to live in the university halls, which confirmed my accommodation very quickly after I'd gotten an unconditional offer.

I would recommend that if your university offers accommodation to go for that as it is usually within close proximity of the university, for example, I can walk to my university in 4 minutes from my halls and it is a great way of getting to know others in your university. I made my best friends living in halls and we've lived together all 3 years of our studies.

It's nice to know you are in a secure accommodation and surrounded by like-minded people.

I'd recommend to apply for your accommodation as soon as applications open and if your university offers several different accommodations, really think about which one you'd like to live in as some offer different facilities such as en-suite or shared bathrooms which some people would have a preference over. I'd also recommend when you move in to make a conscious effort to get to know your flatmates and make your room your own as university bedrooms can be pretty boring so adding some photos or posters to make it your own helps!

I hope this helps and if you have any other questions please reach out!

Mary
London South Bank University Student Rep (3rd-year Children's Nursing)
Reply 2
Hi all, a friend of mine has submitted her written work, however she has since realised it is over the word count. Should she email the college or just hope for the best?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending