The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC

Scroll to see replies

!!!!!!

I compared My Last Duchess to The River God for pride, I writ a lot about structure and how they are both proud of their power and how they are both proud of killing a women. Nobody else compred these two, have I ****ed up?
Do you think its fine if I explained how they use places to express their ideas (e.g. use farmland to express the giving/taking of life and use Earth to express human existence etc) instead of saying how places are affected by conflict? They just said how speaker uses places to present ideas.
I also mentioned life being lost on battlefield (thats considered a place right?)
Original post by Kilomontari
!!!!!!

I compared My Last Duchess to The River God for pride, I writ a lot about structure and how they are both proud of their power and how they are both proud of killing a women. Nobody else compred these two, have I ****ed up?

Definitely not. So many people compared these. I did Ozymandias :smile:
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Anyone else do the My Last Duchess question? I compared it to Ozymandias.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i compared my last duchess to les grands seigneurs as they use possessive language and they are proud of their belongings(men and duchess)? is this wrong please guys reply im literally crabbing myself!!!
Original post by Awsomedude
i compared my last duchess to les grands seigneurs as they use possessive language and they are proud of their belongings(men and duchess)? is this wrong please guys reply im literally crabbing myself!!!

No that's fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H

thank u so much, u have literally taken so much load off me i can finally enjoy my half term revising the other subjects
Original post by Monaa_
What did people write for the unseen poem???

I wrote about love being worth the pain etc lovesickness n having no power over it. Went on a bit of a tangent.
I compared Mametz Wood to At the Border, 1979 because they both talk about place. Then for the unseen I talked about how the poet/speaker used all the negative things to emphasise how much she loves the person it's about/for. I spent 45 minutes on the first one and wrote about 3 ish sides and 30 for unseen and wrote 2 sides but in the past my work has been more quality over quantity so I'm hoping for a B but an A would be amazing
Original post by Izzy6785
yes same! and I compared to quickdraw. sadly didn't have time for a conclusion though :frown: I'm confused though now people are saying the unseen was about love for her child? I didn't get that hahaha
the sister maude Q was hard- my friend compared it to brothers!

Same here, I didn't do a conclusion because I thought I wouldn't have enough time for the Unseen section. But who said the Unseen is about Love for her Child? The emotions she was described definitely points towards romantic love sickness. I put down on how she describes Love as the best and worst thing in the world as well as saying it encompasses and is the cause for most emotions. And as for that Sister Maude question, I read it once, straight away going "Nope" :smile:
RELATIONSHIP POETRY QUESTION.....For some reason I compared the Manhunt to In Paris with You.... does this sound compatible I actually dont know why... I chose Quickdraw first but then I rethought and I did In Paris with You. :frown:
Reply 1030
i forgot to write about effect on reader. What is the highest grade i could get?
Reply 1031
I compared manhunt with farmer's bride. i forgot to write about effect on reader. What is the highest grade i could get?
Original post by savannahwilddd
I compared Mametz Wood to At the Border, 1979 because they both talk about place. Then for the unseen I talked about how the poet/speaker used all the negative things to emphasise how much she loves the person it's about/for. I spent 45 minutes on the first one and wrote about 3 ish sides and 30 for unseen and wrote 2 sides but in the past my work has been more quality over quantity so I'm hoping for a B but an A would be amazing
I compared the same poems as you, and wrote the same number of pages for each question. Interesting.
Reply 1033
Could i get an A if i forgot to write about the effect on reader?
I compared my last duchess with sing song , I feel like I am the only one who did this 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
***** questions, just compared My Last Duchess to Medusa as a go to poem cos I blanked
Original post by MVEMJSUNP
RELATIONSHIP POETRY QUESTION.....For some reason I compared the Manhunt to In Paris with You.... does this sound compatible I actually dont know why... I chose Quickdraw first but then I rethought and I did In Paris with You. :frown:

I was going to do the same but then I thought sister maude will be better. It's fine as long you made some decent comparisons
I DID SISTER MAUDE WITH NETTLES - is that okay?? :frown:
Did anyone else do sister maude and sonnet 116?
I did Manhunt with Farmer's Bride... Was that a good choice??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending