The Student Room Group

LA2 LAW

I am so stressed for this exam! My tutor gave us a frequency chart to the topics most likely to come up and I'm so nervous for it omgggg . Any help on revising is much appreciated xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Forgot to add ! This is the WJEC exam on the 2nd of June !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Welshgirl1342
Forgot to add ! This is the WJEC exam on the 2nd of June !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Calm down, I am sure you will do well. Have you revised?
Yeah but I find it so difficult remembering it all , precedent is the worst!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by inspirationhitme
Calm down, I am sure you will do well. Have you revised?

What do you find so hard about precedent? It is easy when you break it down. Do you have any flashcards on you? I find that easy to memorise cases.
Flash cards don't work for me! And it's just hard to remember everything ! I'm focussing on things like the judiciary , precedent, the HRA, statutory interpretation and law reform! They're the most likely to come up xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
What about mindmaps?
Better revise magistrates aswell, I think it will come up and delegated legislation.
Do you have any notes on intrinsic and extrinsic aids of stat? I literally have nothing on it.
Flash cards don't work for me! And it's just hard to remember everything ! I'm focussing on things like the judiciary , precedent, the HRA, statutory interpretation and law reform! They're the most likely to come up xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Magistrates has only come up twice since 2009 so idk if it will come up ! And yeah I'll try get some for you! xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have got a feeling that they will, I mean it is only so much they can judiciary questions.
Magistrates has only come up twice since 2009 so idk if it will come up ! And yeah I'll try get some for you! xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbf this is the wjec-.- they'll put literally anything up x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbf this is the wjec-.- they'll put literally anything up x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep. Personally, I think Precedent, HRA, Stat with intrinsic and extrinsic aids, Delegated Legislation will come up.
But then again, Law Commission is a pretty popular question.
Reply 11
Yep. Personally, I think Precedent, HRA, Stat with intrinsic and extrinsic aids, Delegated Legislation will come up.
But then again, Law Commission is a pretty popular question.

I have a feeling that delegated leg will come up with magistrates/ legal profession
Original post by Owainew
I have a feeling that delegated leg will come up with magistrates/ legal profession

Well it's only going to be Judiciary or Magistrates.
Reply 13
Both doesn't come up together?
Well it's only going to be Judiciary or Magistrates.
Original post by Owainew
Both doesn't come up together?

No.
I reckon judiciary's definitely going to come up, and statutory interpretation does pretty much every year. I'm thinking law reform and EU law as possibilities, particularly EU as it's been topical as of late.
Out of the 8 topics how many do you think you need to know in good detail? Also I think they had a really nice paper last year, especially with the law reform and statutory interpretation question. I wish I did last years paper haha :frown: I'm so nervous for the exam
Original post by amberuniverse
Out of the 8 topics how many do you think you need to know in good detail? Also I think they had a really nice paper last year, especially with the law reform and statutory interpretation question. I wish I did last years paper haha :frown: I'm so nervous for the exam

Judiciary (they love that question)
Magistrates (has only come up once in 2012)
Law Reform (they love that question)
Delegated legislation (they love that question)
and obviously stat because it comes up every year.

In every past paper, something on the legal profession is going to come up, so it is either going to be judiciary or magistrates.
Reply 18
Have they ever brought up a solicitors and barristers question?
Original post by Owainew
Have they ever brought up a solicitors and barristers question?

No, so it is a possibility that it may come up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending