The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Biology BIOL5 - 17th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Thankyou so so much 👍 I hope you do awesome , that sounds like a great plan , I just don't think I'll have time to do that I also have 9 exams before the biology one 😓 is there any chance you could send me pictures of your flash cards I would be so thankful if you could and appreciate it soo sooo much

So sorry to bug you so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lalapapa
Thankyou so so much 👍 I hope you do awesome , that sounds like a great plan , I just don't think I'll have time to do that I also have 9 exams before the biology one 😓 is there any chance you could send me pictures of your flash cards I would be so thankful if you could and appreciate it soo sooo much

So sorry to bug you so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries glad I could help, thanks and good luck yourself.
I can't, I'm sorry dude, I just don't have the time with all this revision and exams.
It doesn't take long to do a plan for an essay, under an hour id say if you concentrate.
Original post by Vengefulcandy
If one is on biomolecules then it will be pretty easy marks. If it is genetics it definitely wont be DNA tech but it'll still be difficult to write.

What points can you make for an essay of biomolecules?
Original post by shiney101
What points can you make for an essay of biomolecules?

pretty much the whole AS and A2 since everything is made up of biological molecules.. :P
Reply 384
We need a week after unit4 exams but they give us a weekend lol

Has anyone got like notes on all the previous essays and examples of 25/25mark essay examples please?
Unless I am gifted from nowhere with time, I am pretty much going to have to prep for essays in the weekend we have.
Has there been an essay on ATP and its uses etc?
Reply 386
This pdf has loads of essay plans
Original post by shiney101
Has there been an essay on ATP and its uses etc?

None as of yet, it's a possibility
i'm struggling to find out of spec knowledge to use in essays. what resources are you guys using? anyone have any tips?
Original post by hafsa31
This pdf has loads of essay plans

Which PDF?
How's everybody coping with genetics?

I'm pretty confident with the essay (my practice essays have been marked at 20-24 marks), but genetics will be the death of me.
hey i was wondering what topics you could include for an essay on feedback mechanisms? so both positive and negative feedback? (I apologise if this has been asked before)
Hello guys, is A2 biology hard? ( am an AS student) 😊
Original post by the boss.
hey i was wondering what topics you could include for an essay on feedback mechanisms? so both positive and negative feedback? (I apologise if this has been asked before)

Menstrual cycle, glucoregulation, thermoregulation & action potentials all contain positive/negative feedback.

Original post by prophetkid
Menstrual cycle, glucoregulation, thermoregulation & action potentials all contain positive/negative feedback.

what they said and also bohr effect, stabilising selection and metabolic pathways. i guess you could also mention ACh breakdown after and action potential in the post synaptic membrane. oh and predator/prey relationships

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 396

Check page 19 discussion between me and ThatMadClown we came up with pretty good topics I guess.
Original post by prophetkid

Original post by naykaykay
what they said and also bohr effect, stabilising selection and metabolic pathways. i guess you could also mention ACh breakdown after and action potential in the post synaptic membrane. oh and predator/prey relationships

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Ozy96
Check page 19 discussion between me and ThatMadClown we came up with pretty good topics I guess.

thanks you guys!!!! that was very helpful, but what feedback is involved in metabolic pathways?
could someone please explain how to work out question 9a on the june 14 paper please
Original post by djhodnett
could someone please explain how to work out question 9a on the june 14 paper please

add the values for mean rate of co2 production, 0.032+0.051+0.045= 0.128
then find the percentage for each of them, so 0.051/0.128 x 100 = 39.8%
and 0.045/0.128 x 100 = 35.2%

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending