The Student Room Group

My First Job Interview.... Any advice please??

Hello all,

I have applied for a job at my local farmers market stall via email and have a job interview tomorrow 20 mins (14.06.2015) after sending them my CV and showing an interest in me. I am only 15 and this will be my FIRST EVER JOB INTERVIEW. Any idea what questions I may be asked please? Also, what should I wear? The employer said smart/casual is fine.

Any advice would be great thanks. :smile:

If you need any other information please feel free to ask. :biggrin:

PS: The employer is AWARE due to my age and insurance purposes I can ONLY work a max of 2 hours on Sundays.

Thanks again. Fingers crossed hope everything goes well.

It's a family run business by the way so I have researched further.

Any advice from ANYONE PLEASE.... BUMP!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ace C
Hello all,

I have applied for a job at my local farmers market stall via email and have a job interview tomorrow 20 mins (14.06.2015) after sending them my CV and showing an interest in me. I am only 15 and this will be my FIRST EVER JOB INTERVIEW. Any idea what questions I may be asked please? Also, what should I wear? The employer said smart/casual is fine.

Any advice would be great thanks. :smile:

If you need any other information please feel free to ask. :biggrin:

PS: The employer is AWARE due to my age and insurance purposes I can ONLY work a max of 2 hours on Sundays.

Thanks again. Fingers crossed hope everything goes well.

It's a family run business by the way so I have researched further.

Any advice from ANYONE PLEASE.... BUMP!!

Don't worry it's natural to feel this way! The more you interview, the easier it gets

Do your research, read over your CV, take your time answering questions and most importantly be honest.
Reply 2
Original post by Mike_123
Don't worry it's natural to feel this way! The more you interview, the easier it gets

Do your research, read over your CV, take your time answering questions and most importantly be honest.

Yes thanks for that advice. I have done my research they are a family run bakery business with extra helpers set up in 1982 and CV wise the employer showed an interest and ask me to attend for an interview with the owner. Fingers crossed :0 Hope I get the job :smile: !

Any other advice please?? All answers accepted thanks. :smile:
they will expect you to lift heavy things and wake up early, also, know how to exchange cash with customers and show some enthusiasm for the job! Use that all that in the interview and you should have a good chance :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by water_boyy
they will expect you to lift heavy things and wake up early, also, know how to exchange cash with customers and show some enthusiasm for the job! Use that all that in the interview and you should have a good chance :smile:

Yes thanks for that advice :smile: Should be ok and the weathers good today! Even better. I'm not quite sure how the interview will work though? I need to be at the stall for 11 am and I think the boss may ask me to interact with customers and test my maths skills. Hope it goes well. Fingers crossed. This job will help me gain LOADS of confidence, plus I am a lover of food!!

How do you know the above, was it just general knowledge or do you work on a market stall?

Thanks.

Still open to all answers, time is getting nearer... Only 1 hr 25 mins!
Reply 5
Hello, Thanks for all responses. MY FIRST EVER Interview went well :smile: Stall owner and business manager took a liking to me, but unfortunately there was a miscommunication error and sadly :frown: due to my age (15) and the market falling on a Sunday I can only work a maximum of 2hrs but she said she is on her own and the minute and will need help setting up the stall (8:30 am - 10:30) and placing samples for customers, also packing away (4-5pm approx) rate of pay: £4ph plus a monthly £4 bonus for being on time and hardworking, so not too bad! And also with it being a bakery stall I may get any leftovers :smile: So overall not too bad and on the positive note, I live just around the corner of the market :smile: She said she will give me a call back/email me to let me know further and if I get the job, also offering me the job when I turn 16 if I wish :0 She loved my independence as the vacancy was not advertised!
Don't stare at his/ her crotch!

...or do so , depends what kinda job......

:dance: :tongue:imp:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending