The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Biology BIOL5 - 17th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by plasmaman
my favourite question was a 3 marker asking the advantage of people not having the desire to eat when their stomach was full, same as the mouse and dopamine one you were talking about above.

And honestly 2 of the marking points were to prevent obesity and vomiting...
but it will be over in 2 days :smile:

Oh wow yeah I forgot about that one! Crazy times. I think I might have missed a mark on it too because I neglected to state the completely obvious, haha.

And that's the only fact that's getting me through. Especially since that will be all my exams finished then. :biggrin:
Original post by charlottei
Oh wow yeah I forgot about that one! Crazy times. I think I might have missed a mark on it too because I neglected to state the completely obvious, haha.

And that's the only fact that's getting me through. Especially since that will be all my exams finished then. :biggrin:

ha ha yeah definitely we're all gonna make it! :smile:
Reply 902
How have people been doing on past papers? The highest I've got (not including essay marks) on a past paper is 46, but I've only done 2 need to get them all done tomorrow.
Not ready for BIOL5 at all.
What do you guys think the synoptic essay will be now that our exam has been rewritten?
Reply 905
Original post by z-kauser
Not ready for BIOL5 at all.

me neither help I know nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 906
does everyone think bio content is harder than bio 4 content ? I do :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 907
Original post by asdfghnmbmn
What do you guys think the synoptic essay will be now that our exam has been rewritten?

it's been re written WHAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile
could someone explain to me why the presynaptic neurone at a synpase has many mitochondria, im not sure what the extra ATP is used for, any help?
What's the difference between the refractory period and hyper polarisation?
Reply 911
Original post by djhodnett
could someone explain to me why the presynaptic neurone at a synpase has many mitochondria, im not sure what the extra ATP is used for, any help?

Used to recombine the broken down acetyl and choline from the acetylcholinesterase back into acetycholine
Reply 912
My prediction is the essay is either about DNA or ions.
Ions would be a dream come true
Original post by djhodnett

As far as I'm aware it's to do with the extra processes involved with the passage of the action potential across the synapse. The presynatptic neurone needs to be able to perform many condensation reactions on the acetyl coenzyme A and the choline (which I think is what makes the acetyl choline) and this requires energy. Also forming the lysosomes to hold the acetylcholine in requires energy. There's probably also some active transport going on somewhere I would presume of acetyl coenzyme A and choline back into the presynaptic knob once the aceylcholinesterase has hydrolysed them.
Original post by Ozy96
Used to recombine the broken down acetyl and choline from the acetylcholinesterase back into acetycholine

Original post by TheBreatGritain
As far as I'm aware it's to do with the extra processes involved with the passage of the action potential across the synapse. The presynatptic neurone needs to be able to perform many condensation reactions on the acetyl coenzyme A and the choline (which I think is what makes the acetyl choline) and this requires energy. Also forming the lysosomes to hold the acetylcholine in requires energy. There's probably also some active transport going on somewhere I would presume of acetyl coenzyme A and choline back into the presynaptic knob once the aceylcholinesterase has hydrolysed them.

thank you :smile:
i dont know if this is a really stupid question
but when using restriction endonucleases in DNA tech
how do you know where the on the DNA the enzyme is gonna cut?
Can someone explain how to construct the restriction map on page 270 of the NT book (application question 1)

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone got any idea fro what the essay might be based on past questions ?
Anyone know what year dna technology was asked in the essay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EmilyC96
Anyone know what year dna technology was asked in the essay?

Posted from TSR Mobile

june 2011

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending