The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Biology BIOL5 - 17th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xSophie04x
anyone please? :smile:

Reasons why this exam can suck my dick
why are aqa such synaptic knobs
Anyone like me and don't look at the essay part until finishing the questions as I'm scared I'll read the titles and be like ****e I can't think of anything to write all though the questions rather than focusing on answering them right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone have a list of previous grade boundaries?
Original post by tofaeal
The essay is on membranes

june 2013 was on membranes I doubt theyd repeat it
Original post by TM96
Yes, you must remember them to an accuracy of 0.1 degree or you'll get 0 marks.. AQA is harsh =[

Whhhaat? Thats ridiculous!!
I've got enough stuff to remember as it is?! Lets just hope that doesnt come up then! :frown:
Can you talk about hydrogen on nadph and nadh for inorganic ions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone explain to me what is histamine and prostaglandins? what actually is their role? thanks
Advice: LOOK at the essay question before starting the paper. That way, when you're going through the paper, you'll subconsciously pick up information (from the theory questions, and answers you write) and plan stuff in your head. By the time you start your essay, you'll know what to write.
Original post by EmilyC96
Can you talk about hydrogen on nadph and nadh for inorganic ions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes talk about the reduction of NAD and NADP with the hydrogen ions being taken up .
Original post by Yaz97
I mentioned to a friend today that I'm gonna do my essay plan first and then do the rest of the paper in case I remember stuff or find anything useful along the way (as opposed to having to squeeze stuff in halfway through writing the essay) and then do the essay at the end. My teacher agreed that that's a good way of doing it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah that's actually a good way of doing it thanks bae ♥♥
1434187269416.jpg
Its Confirmed we will be getting the 'R' paper, anyone got any advice on this? is it genuinely harder?
Insane in the brain, insane in the MEMBRANE!!
Reply 1433
we're getting the R paper?? wtf does that mean and is it harder?!
Original post by mujtaba.khokhar
1434187269416.jpg
Its Confirmed we will be getting the 'R' paper, anyone got any advice on this? is it genuinely harder?

I had a psychology R paper this morning and it honestly seemed easier then most past papers so biology could be the same but I don't have any way of telling. The psychology one wasn't that much different, just less essays
Original post by mujtaba.khokhar
1434187269416.jpg

**** on a stick... I was right... I wish I wasn't...
Original post by tofaeal
Insane in the brain, insane in the MEMBRANE!!

how did you find out the essay????
Original post by TM96
we're getting the R paper?? wtf does that mean and is it harder?!

R paper is generally HARDER but has lower grade boundaries because of it. (as seen by other R papers)
Quick question, is it just the essay that's the synoptic part or is the whole paper?
Reply 1439
Original post by chemistrykid123
ah that's actually a good way of doing it thanks bae ♥♥

No problem honey 💘

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending