The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Biology BIOL5 - 17th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Yeah hydrophobic. My bad

Posted from TSR Mobile
As soon as I saw that dotted line I knew I had to look away from it for the answer lol. They are like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was it not you who wrote that ATPase doesnt directly break down ATP and water does?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AidenPearce
I dont understand this foolishness. Your telling me that the enzyme for ATP doesnt directly break down ATP. So I guess amylase doesnt directly break down starch and maltase doesnt directly break down maltose and protease doesnt directly break down proteins? Damn. You sure?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really want to rep this but can't :')
anyone else do 10a and write about variation/natural selection and selection pressures?
what page is the unofficial mark scheme on?
Original post by hiyaitsnikitaaa
anyone else do 10a and write about variation/natural selection and selection pressures?

What question was this??
What are people's grade boundary predictions? I personally didn't find the exam difficult but I didn't find it easy either!
Original post by Hudl
Nah I think if we had a week before the unit5 exams after unit 4 exams in general I would have done miles better in them. I have literally had one exam everyday since last week. I do maths, chem, bio, physics, because of this I think I have missed the A* in all those subjects. In biology it will depend on boundaries, God and the examiners mercy.

same here... I do the same as you apart from chem... I do maths, econ and biology... guess it's harder for you since you're doing four...I hate exams on consecutive days...
Original post by Dr who11
what page is the unofficial mark scheme on?

There isn't one but a couple of us have shared our answers, see pages 102 and 105, posts 2034 and 2084 I think!
Original post by KimSmith1234
What question was this??

the essay
Original post by hiyaitsnikitaaa

That should definitely be on the mark scheme.
Reckon i'd get any off spec marks for 10A for mentioning exogenous zeitgebers and endogenous pacemakers, sleep wake cycle in adusting to different time zones? (psychology)
What did peiple say about the hydrophobic?
Original post by skyonline123
So question. I focused mainly on section A so for the essay, 10a, I wrote about two and a quarter pages. The main points were endotherms, ectotherms and behavioural responses to heat ect.
Respiration, control of the cardiac cycle through homeostasis, action potentials, a bit on receptors and a bit on co2 effect on haemoglobin to qualify my control of the cardiac cycle. I am a tad worried that my essay may not have contained enough. However, the points I did make were rather heavily detailed and I made sure to relate them back to the question.

What do you guys think?

I wrote about the same stuffff, didn't go into detail on respiration, briefly mentioned at the end about plants and IAA for photosynthesis and about shivering/sweating and that's about it, although I filled every page with my humongous writing haha
Original post by sn4kebiteheart
Reckon i'd get any off spec marks for 10A for mentioning exogenous zeitgebers and endogenous pacemakers, sleep wake cycle in adusting to different time zones? (psychology)

no
I did essay 10 a about internal and external environment. I wrote about homeostasis, chemoreceptors, blood glucose regulation with insulin,glucagon and cAMP, transpiration and stomata of plants, phagocytosis and reflex arc aswell as enzymes for optimum ph and temperature+ taxes and kinesis
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by smoothER
I wasn't entirely sure for the first question, I know I got the first one wrong because I put anisotropic band but I think it was actin, then the second I put ATPase, then the third I put troponin instead of tropomyosin but it should be tropomyosin right? Oh dear

I put tryomysin at first but when I was checking my answers I realised how stupid that sounded. :colondollar:
Original post by talkbiology
There isn't one but a couple of us have shared our answers, see pages 102 and 105, posts 2034 and 2084 I think!

cheers pal.
I wrote rhat calcium broke down atp is this wrong
also has anyway got a unofficial ms yet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending