The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Ki Yung Na
Relative to the population? Not really few inches either side of 5"8 is generally people's idea of average for UK guys.

Relative to the media (eg athletes) and showbiz? Yeah you're short. So is most the country.. Most the world too.

Relative to real short people? You're not short.

Don't let it bother you. I'm 5"1 and perfectly fine (apart from when it's inconvenient). :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

+1 rep (I ran out of reps)
yes
Still there are upsides, More leg room on a plane, unlikely to bump your head on a door frame and compared to you a king size twin is massive :wink:
Im 6ft 2-6ft 3 is that too tall?
Original post by Ki Yung Na
Relative to the population? Not really; few inches either side of 5'8 is generally people's idea of average for UK guys.

Relative to the media (eg athletes) and showbiz? Yeah you're short. So is most the country.. Most the world too.

Relative to real short people? You're not short.

Don't let it bother you. I'm 5'1 and perfectly fine (apart from when it's inconvenient). :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

5'10" is the UK average for men.

5'8" is the UK average for women.
Original post by Chiefe
maybe I got a little growing to do since I'm 18 but is 5'6'' short for a guy (in general)?

thanks.

I have the oppoisite thing i had a massive growth spurt over the last year and a half from 5'10- 5,11 to 6,'2 -6.3
Original post by Chiefe
is 5'6'' short for a guy (in general)?

Yeah. I'm 5'10 and I consider myself to be quite short.
Original post by Pure class

That's perfect tbh.
Some of these comments are legendary! Haha actually spent the last 5 mins ROFL! BASICALLY anything less than 5'9 is pretty small for a guy in my opinion especially in the Western world given the stats.
Original post by ChickenMadness
5'10" is the UK average for men.

5'8" is the UK average for women.

what the heck are you talking about?! :lol:
Original post by zippity.doodah
what the heck are you talking about?! :lol:

lel
Original post by cbreef
Being shorter has its advantages too. You're faster and more agile than a taller guy. Its not like youre 5ft dead, youre a bit taller than your average girl so if its appearance youre worried about. its not too bad.

short people are slower because they have shorter legs. wot you talking about lol.
Reply 52
Well it's a bit daunting when everyone is taller than you but I'm loud enough to deal with it.

The whole sport and age thing is just awful because I'm not fast and I don't look old.

I just try and make sure the personality is on point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChickenMadness

short people are slower because they have shorter legs. wot you talking about lol.

If you looked. I clearly corrected myself. When I said faster I meant acceleration
The only thing that's bad about being below average height, is the bigotry that comes from others. I'm 5'8 and am quite secure in my height - but on alot of these forums, people assume if you're short you have a chip on your shoulder. I.e. a short man can only be hench because he's trying to compensate if you are say, 5'5.

The fact of the matter is, if you're ugly and have no personality, you aren't getting any lmao. As long as you look tall and have an attractive face you should be fine.
You're short for some and tall for others. Depends on the girl.

Having said that, be confident and learn to appreciate yourself and don't ever be insecure about your height. Instead work on things that can be developed such as confidence, fashion sense, grooming etc.

Also as someone else mentioned, you'll grow until 25 so there's a chance you'll add a few extra inches.

Peace
Original post by Chiefe
+1 rep (I ran out of reps)

Agreed. If you're 5ft 1 then yeah its a problem . But if you're 5ft 7 then its not that bad. Just a few inches. In the same way im a few inches over average. In more ways than one :smile:
Original post by Chiefe
ahahaa I don't last long in bed either so you'll be saying that a lot :mmm:

LMAO you're crazy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pure class

Nah its just tall. Like me.
Im 164 cm
But still growing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest