The Student Room Group

Is Ivy League better than Russel Group?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EdCohen
Lost the debate....so resorting to ad hominem attacks.....lolz

No I have low battery
Original post by asmuse123
The tables are decided upon by employers. Who would ignore them? Also, why does Imperial, LSE and Melbourne do better than KCL, then?
You got it twisted.Too many Manchester grads - so more employers are going to approve and it's going to be placed higher than kings....as for ur other point....LSE, MELBOURNE AND IMPERIAL and awesome unis thats why
Original post by EdCohen
Well you don't say. It's a bigger uni.All I'm saying is that if someone had to recruit either a Economics Manchester grad or a Econ and Management Kings student. They would choose the latter.University of Manchester sounds so dull.

Manchester MBA school ranks in World top 30.

And no, employers don't think like that, they choose candidates based on grades achieved, psychometric tests, perosanlity and cultural fit etc.

If it were Manchester Met we were comparing to KCL, then of course the KCL graduate would most likely come on top. But the margin between Manchester and KCL is very, very small, and employers will not have a preference in this instance.
Original post by Magnus Taylor
No I have low battery
Excuses Excuses.
Original post by EdCohen
You got it twisted.Too many Manchester grads - so more employers are going to approve and it's going to be placed higher than kings

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/student-life/9796679/Warwick-University-top-target-for-graduate-employers.html

Not according to the biggest UK graduate employers. KCL doesn't even come up.
Original post by Novelist
Manchester MBA school ranks in World top 30. And no, employers don't think like that, they choose candidates based on grades achieved, psychometric tests, perosanlity and cultural fit etc. If it were Manchester Met we were comparing to KCL, then of course the KCL graduate would most likely come on top. But the margin between Manchester and KCL is very, very small, and employers will not have a preference in this instance.
Yh I know employers take into consideration other factors....but lets assume uni prestige was the only discriminating factor left....they would choose kings.....sounds so much harder to get into prestigious kings...than old manchester
Original post by EdCohen
Yh I know employers take into consideration other factors....but lets assume uni prestige was the only discriminating factor left....they would choose kings.....sounds so much harder to get into prestigious kings...than old manchester

Kings leeches of the other members of the G6
Looool they decide on these tables based on the number of employers that recruit.Warwick, Nottingham, Manchester just do a **** load of courses.
Kings leeches of the other members of the G6
I agree it does.But employers dont knw that...they think of the kings from back in the day.
Original post by EdCohen
Looool they decide on these tables based on the number of employers that recruit.Warwick, Nottingham, Manchester just do a **** load of courses.

Oh, and so does Strathclyde and Loughborough, right? No, it's more than that. They test the graduates to see if they're the best.
Original post by asmuse123
Oh, and so does Strathclyde and Loughborough, right? No, it's more than that. They test the graduates to see if they're the best.
I dont think u should take a table seriously that places loughborough over ucl
Original post by EdCohen

Is it harder to get into KCL? For what subject? Entry requirements are similar at both unversities for many courses.
[QUOTE=EdCohen;57560289]I agree it does.But employers dont knw that...they think of the kings from back in the day.

Well you are wrong because there is only a G5 consisting of: Oxbridge, Imperial, UCL and LSE. Employers don't care about a has been university
Well you are wrong because there is only a G5 consisting of: Oxbridge, Imperial, UCL and LSE. Employers don't care about a has been university
Kings still part of golden triangle. When general people hear the name Kings their legs start shaking with fear because their grads are known for intellectual ownage.Same with employers. One business grad from kings was interviewed by JP Morgan - the recruiter broke down in tears because of nervousness.They say a warwick grad came in next and she didnt break a sweatso my mind isnt changing mate.
[QUOTE=EdCohen;57560585]Kings still part of golden triangle. When general people hear the name Kings their legs start shaking with fear because their grads are known for intellectual ownage.Same with employers. One business grad from kings was interviewed by JP Morgan - the recruiter broke down in tears because of nervousness.They say a warwick grad came in next and she didnt break a sweatso my mind isnt changing mate.

And you call me out with 'ad hominem'. You are a sanctimonious preacher of hypocrisy and thus your argument is fundamentally flawed
And you call me out with 'ad hominem'. You are a sanctimonious preacher of hypocrisy and thus your argument is fundamentally flawed
Naa mate I don't do hypocrisy..... I stare at the truth right in the face - with defiance, fearlessness and humility..... Your argument is thus rendered redundant due to it's in-cohesive nature. Kings is better than Warwick - don't get jealous mate....it isn't healthy for your acne ridden heart.
[QUOTE=EdCohen;57560771]Naa mate I don't do hypocrisy..... I stare at the truth right in the face - with defiance, fearlessness and humility..... Your argument is thus rendered redundant due to it's in-cohesive nature. Kings is better than Warwick - don't get jealous mate....it isn't healthy for your acne ridden heart.

I rejected Kings's offer for Warwick. You used it's in the wrong grammatical context. You suffer from the disadvantage of being wrong
I rejected Kings's offer for Warwick. You used it's in the wrong grammatical context. You suffer from the disadvantage of being wrong
Ahh this is why u defend Warwick so vehemently. I smell with my little nose SOMEONE REGRETTING THEIR DECISION megaLOLZ
Original post by EdCohen
Ahh this is why u defend Warwick so vehemently. I smell with my little nose SOMEONE REGRETTING THEIR DECISION megaLOLZ

Shut up moron where do you study?
Shut up moron where do you study?
You know what Im saying is true....Kings has international rep....if u ever meet a buff american girl.....u will be like hi there I go Warwick....she be like waaaaat??? I heard of Oxford, Cambridge and Kings.....but not Warwick.....I dont want to have my children with youuu.....Im going LSE in september :smile: :smile: :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest