The Student Room Group

Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2015 Nominees

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kassi
And possibly, the delay may be as a result of the number of scholars each programme officer handles..

probably, but why Cambridge ones seem to get their confirmations earlier than other?no offence to our dear cambridge friends.
Original post by Kogosi
Or may be some of the programme officers are quicker than others...

i think so and some are more receptive than others.:smile:
hi all,
i have been told that, normally August becomes a busy month for the visa officers,therefore if one can tender his/her application in this month;the processing time is relatively faster.
we all hope to do so before the beginning of August o.the same is applicable to the tb test as well.more queues in august as well.its better to do it now than wait for the award letter as it saves you a lot of frustrations. the uk home office even advices minimum of 10 weeks to do the tb test in case the outcome is inconclusive and you need a sputum test which takes a minimum of 8 weeks to get the result.
i hope it helps.
good morning.
Reply 163
Original post by snowball1130
probably, but why Cambridge ones seem to get their confirmations earlier than other?no offence to our dear cambridge friends.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cambridge scholars received their letters before all the scholars. Because Cambridge application deadline seemed to be far different from all the institutions on the CSSS prospectus. They submitted their applications last year December. So I think the nominations too was done early though weth submitted the forms with them.
one more thing, the cost of the tb test will be reimbursed to you once you get to the uk.therefore check this with you university contact person when you arrive. all you have to do is to fill a claim form and bam! you get your money back.
please keep your tb payment receipt securely with you to the uk.
Original post by Kassi
I wouldn't be surprised if Cambridge scholars received their letters before all the scholars. Because Cambridge application deadline seemed to be far different from all the institutions on the CSSS prospectus. They submitted their applications last year December. So I think the nominations too was done early though weth submitted the forms with them.

hi kassi,
i think the December deadline by cambridge is internal process to select their awardees. as far as csc is concern, 30th april is the deadline for all schools to submit their selected students as well as reserves ones.therefore,the baseline i think is 30th april, 2015.
cambridge has a lot of different scholarships with different submission deadlines to enable them get enough time to make their selections and that one has no bearing on csc.
Reply 166
Original post by kosb
Did my TB test today. Picked up the result 3 hours later. Still waiting for my CAS, seems to be taking a bit of time.

Visa online application i will start tomorrow. Don't really see the need to rush cos i got plenty of time. I chose sept 26th as my expected date of arrival (when filling in my details for flight booking). My school resumes Oct 1

That's Ok.. U dont need to rush as u said. My program starts Sep. 28th and all international students should arrive atleast few days to the start date. Do you have to fill a form for flight booking, and when is that?
Reply 167
one more thing, the cost of the tb test will be reimbursed to you once you get to the uk.therefore check this with you university contact person when you arrive. all you have to do is to fill a claim form and bam! you get your money back.
please keep your tb payment receipt securely with you to the uk.

Snowball... What is the cost of the TB test in Ghana?
Reply 168
hi kassi,
i think the December deadline by cambridge is internal process to select their awardees. as far as csc is concern, 30th april is the deadline for all schools to submit their selected students as well as reserves ones.therefore,the baseline i think is 30th april, 2015.
cambridge has a lot of different scholarships with different submission deadlines to enable them get enough time to make their selections and that one has no bearing on csc.

OK..
Reply 169
good suggestion.then you have to be the administrator because i strongly believe that we will all make it to the uk come September 2015.
im waiting for the invite.
all the best.
will still call you though.i have problem with the mouth piece of my phone so if i call you cannot hear my voice. i need to sort it out first.

OK..
I am in favor of a Facebook group rather than a Whatsapp one. It is equally convenient along with being less intrusive but that's just my opinion.
Original post by BookDragon
I am in favor of a Facebook group rather than a Whatsapp one. It is equally convenient along with being less intrusive but that's just my opinion.

ok, what is your facebook profile name?
mine is SirEmmanuel Owusu-Frimpong,send me a request and im glad to accept you.
Original post by Kassi

GHS 405.00 and you should call them to confirm first due to the erratic nature of the cedi. their number is
There are no approved clinics in Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Liberia, Niger or Togo, so if you’re from one of these countries you’ll need to be tested in Ghana. You can make a booking from our visa application centre, or by phoning the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) on one of the following numbers:
Tel: +233 (0)30 7012051
+233 (0)30 7012053]
+233 (0)30 7012054 1.1IOM-UKTBDP office
At the premises of MEDLAB GHANA LTD
17 Ridge Road, Roman Ridge
PO Box 5222 Accra-North, Ghana
Tel: +233 (0)30 7012051, +233 (0)30 7012053, +233 (0)30 7012054
E-mail: UKTBACCRAWeb: MEDLAB Ghana Ltd1.2IOM clinic AccraVisiting addressMigration Health Assessment Centre
International Organisation for Migration
17 Ridge Road, Roman Bridge,
Accra, Ghana

Tel: +233 (0) 307 012051/53/54Mob: +233 (0) 244 335856/57/58 Email: AMTPostal addressMigration Health Assessment Centre
PO Box 5222,
Accra-North, Ghana
Original post by Kassi

GHS 405.00 and you should call them to confirm first due to the erratic nature of the cedi. their number is
There are no approved clinics in Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Liberia, Niger or Togo, so if you’re from one of these countries you’ll need to be tested in Ghana. You can make a booking from our visa application centre, or by phoning the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) on one of the following numbers:
Tel: +233 (0)30 7012051
+233 (0)30 7012053]
+233 (0)30 7012054 1.1IOM-UKTBDP office
At the premises of MEDLAB GHANA LTD
17 Ridge Road, Roman Ridge
PO Box 5222 Accra-North, Ghana
Tel: +233 (0)30 7012051, +233 (0)30 7012053, +233 (0)30 7012054
E-mail: UKTBACCRAWeb: MEDLAB Ghana Ltd1.2IOM clinic AccraVisiting addressMigration Health Assessment Centre
17 Ridge Road, Roman Bridge,
Accra, Ghana

Tel: +233 (0) 307 012051/53/54Mob: +233 (0) 244 335856/57/58 Email:AMTPostal addressMigration Health Assessment Centre
PO Box 5222,
Accra-North, Ghana
Reply 174
ok, what is your facebook profile name?
mine is SirEmmanuel Owusu-Frimpong,send me a request and im glad to accept you.

Mine is Ibrahim Nandom kassi
Snowball can u kindly create the group?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kassi
Has the person receive the award letter. .?

Did you get it yet? God, the wait is killing me:frown:
Reply 176
Original post by artinair
Did you get it yet? God, the wait is killing me:frown:

Not yet... still also waiting. Which university did u get the award from Artinair?
Reply 177
And my facebook name is Justus Amayo. Let us just be patient even Oxford University still have theirs being processed and have not announced them just yet. Check it out here
http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/fees-and-funding/graduate-scholarships/university-wide-scholarships/commonwealth-shared-scholarships-scheme
So let us just be patient. I know it's not easy to since I'm also finding it very uncomfortable
Hello everyone,
Im finally happy to find this group. I am waiting for a confirmation from the CSC, as well as award letter. Is there anyone here who is still waiting for final confirmation.
Thanks
Reply 179
Original post by Hunter14
Hello everyone,
Im finally happy to find this group. I am waiting for a confirmation from the CSC, as well as award letter. Is there anyone here who is still waiting for final confirmation.
Thanks

Hunter..Almost everyone here. we are on wait for the award letters. Which university did you get the award from?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending