The Student Room Group

BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care (Sept 14 Entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ohhello92x
I've recently completed this course and going to uni in September :biggrin:
If you want to ask me any questions about the course then feel free to ask me :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

Were you with the edexcel exam board? I'm really stuck on the first assignment for unit 4 (life span and development) and could use some help.

Thanks, nat xx
Reply 141
With the BTEC Health&Social care (level 3) controlled assessments can you do them at home? And, can you get help from other students or teachers? Are all controlled assessments essays?
Original post by NathalieRose
Hi,

Were you with the edexcel exam board? I'm really stuck on the first assignment for unit 4 (life span and development) and could use some help.

Thanks, nat xx

Hello :smile:
Yes I was with the Edexcel board :biggrin: what is it about the first assignment for unit 4 that your struggling with? ;o
Hello :smile:
Yes I was with the Edexcel board :biggrin: what is it about the first assignment for unit 4 that your struggling with? ;o

Oh Thank God!:smile: I can't relate Intellectual, emotional and social development to all the life stages. Physical development was easy but for the others we only seem to have different psychological theories that don't relate to every stage.

thanks, nat xx
Original post by NathalieRose
Oh Thank God!:smile: I can't relate Intellectual, emotional and social development to all the life stages. Physical development was easy but for the others we only seem to have different psychological theories that don't relate to every stage.

thanks, nat xx

:smile: for emotional development it relates to all of the life stages as the way the individual is treated emotionally can affect how they treat others emotionally
Socially they need to develop in all life stages as they need the social skills to communicate with others properly as the get older
With intellectual development, they can develop intellectually through the knowledge from education and what their parents teach them, etc

My minds gone blank at the moment :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 145
I'm just starting Unit 4 too!
Hi there I'm in my first year doing this course, I'm really wanting to get DDM to get into the university of my choice but I'm really panicking and struggling to achieve the M's and D's because as much as I try they're always not up to the correct standard! :frown: please can you help? Xxx
I've recently completed this course and going to uni in September :biggrin:
If you want to ask me any questions about the course then feel free to ask me :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there I'm in my first year doing this course, I'm really wanting to get DDM to get into the university of my choice but I'm really panicking and struggling to achieve the M's and D's because as much as I try they're always not up to the correct standard! :frown: please can you help? Xxx
Original post by 3-3-3eee

What did you need help with :smile:?

DDM is definitely achievable, I managed to get it :smile: but I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just finished my first year and got D* D*. All distinctions are possible if you put the time in.
If anyone needs any guidance just message me I'd love to help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cjhhptb
Just finished my first year and got D* D*. All distinctions are possible if you put the time in.
If anyone needs any guidance just message me I'd love to help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

well done so did i and i was very happy considering my college is so bad hehe second year here i come!
Original post by DAtgirlxox
well done so did i and i was very happy considering my college is so bad hehe second year here i come!

Congrats! I know what you mean if your college is anything like mine. I basically self taught everything because they only teach up to a pass. Good luck with next year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all,

I have officially finished my Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in H&SC with grade D* D* D*. If anyone needs any help with anything next year I am happy to give you a hand! :smile:
Original post by nightwatcher805
Hey everyone,

I wanted to start this thread for anyone applying for L3 ED Health & Social to start in September.

So who else is going to study this and why?

BEN :biggrin:

Hi Ben,

Last year I did L2 D Health & Social which I took because I wanted to become a Nurse, but that changed multiple times, at the moment I am looking into going into counselling which may or may not change in the next two years.

I choose to study Health & Social care because I enjoy helping people and also the human body really interests me and has done from a very young age.

The reason I want to go into Counselling is because I enjoying helping people and listening to others. When I was younger I went into Counselling for different reasons and feel like I didn't get the support and help I needed. I don't want that to happen to any others out there. I feel like I will understand people more (for some) as I have been through counselling and I understand how hard it can be to talk to somebody about your problems and the situation you are in, I feel like I am easy to get along with and hopefully people will be able to bring them into their trust circle and help them through their journey.

KirstyDiane
my daughter did not submit unit 6 of health and social care Btec level 3 - will she be able to re submit this unit?
I would talk to her tutor Tanya, as some may be able to carry it over under special circumstances :smile:
Original post by tanyaross
my daughter did not submit unit 6 of health and social care Btec level 3 - will she be able to re submit this unit?

I'd say talk to her tutor, they may allow her to send her work to them before she goes back (assuming she's going into her 2nd year next month?)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey just wanted to ask if u need any stationaries ad folders for this course coz i heard its a course where u research alot
Original post by saima islam
Hey just wanted to ask if u need any stationaries ad folders for this course coz i heard its a course where u research alot

Yes you'll need pens and a notepad and a folder to put in all marked work. Also they may require you to get the textbooks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes you'll need pens and a notepad and a folder to put in all marked work. Also they may require you to get the textbooks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, i am deciding whether to do a levels or level 3 extended diploma as i am not sure if i can get into a midwifery course for uni just with the level 3 extended diploma ,is that possible? and what work experience would you do to put in your personal statement to be a midwife?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending