The Student Room Group

AQA AS Psychology

Hi, does anyone have any revision guides/tools etc for revision? ta
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by studentjjs
Hi, does anyone have any revision guides/tools etc for revision? ta

LOOOPA IS INCREDIBLE!

http://www.loopa.co.uk
On Youtube there are some good revision materials: Revise with Rachie is a really good Youtube channel.

There's also CGP revision guides that are quite good.
Reply 5
Original post by Eleanor303
LOOOPA IS INCREDIBLE!

http://www.loopa.co.uk

Is this actually as good as it makes out to be and is it worth buying the books. I'm about to start A2 so I'm considering it?
Original post by iodo345
Is this actually as good as it makes out to be and is it worth buying the books. I'm about to start A2 so I'm considering it?

For A2 it will be very helpful in sourcing concise theory and evaluation. I'm the creator of Loopa BTW so I suppose I'm a bit biased - but when you see how much you need to learn at A2 and how hard and time consuming it is to create essays (well structured, in the top band, sufficient IDA's) you will see why loopa is so popular.

Its not magic pill though, you have to put the work in too, like anything its a tool.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iodo345

I managed to get by without loopa as there is a lot of free, easily accessible information/essays online.
Reply 8
Original post by Mephestic
For A2 it will be very helpful in sourcing concise theory and evaluation. I'm the creator of Loopa BTW so I suppose I'm a bit biased - but when you see how much you need to learn at A2 and how hard and time consuming it is to create essays (well structured, in the top band, sufficient IDA's) you will see why loopa is so popular.

Its not magic pill though, you have to put the work in too, like anything its a tool.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does it contain all the information needed to reach A* level with all the essays that come up. Sorry if I seem a bit sceptical but it doesn't seem true. Also, I notice in the unit 1 and unit 2 there was nothing in the books about research methods. Is this included in A2?
Original post by iodo345
Does it contain all the information needed to reach A* level with all the essays that come up. Sorry if I seem a bit sceptical but it doesn't seem true. Also, I notice in the unit 1 and unit 2 there was nothing in the books about research methods. Is this included in A2?

Each topic has every possible question covered as an essay yes. At the beginning of each ebook I break down the topic with all the possible questions outlined and then give you model essays. The essays have been used last year to score A-A* grades but it depends on your performance in the exam too and how well you revise (hence I said its not a magic pill).
For Psya1 I didn't include research methods as you can't predict through essays what can come up for that hence it wasn't included - at A2 and psya4 theres a research methods section but again you can't predict it via essays but I do provide some free resources for this instead on Loopa (I'll upload more free content for this coming September onwards too).

We have over 10k students who used it last year in our Facebook group and you can see their comments/messages - it does help far more than it doesn't. I also get a lot of random haters that hate just for the sake if it but you have to put that into perspective against the people who do find it useful (the majority who I help) You always get people hating on you when you do well, thats one thing iv realised - I post real pics of students on the site and messages I get from them too.

Its there if you need it ultimately!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mephestic
Each topic has every possible question covered as an essay yes. At the beginning of each ebook I break down the topic with all the possible questions outlined and then give you model essays. The essays have been used last year to score A-A* grades but it depends on your performance in the exam too and how well you revise (hence I said its not a magic pill).
For Psya1 I didn't include research methods as you can't predict through essays what can come up for that hence it wasn't included - at A2 and psya4 theres a research methods section but again you can't predict it via essays but I do provide some free resources for this instead on Loopa (I'll upload more free content for this coming September onwards too).

We have over 10k students who used it last year in our Facebook group and you can see their comments/messages - it does help far more than it doesn't. I also get a lot of random haters that hate just for the sake if it but you have to put that into perspective against the people who do find it useful (the majority who I help) You always get people hating on you when you do well, thats one thing iv realised - I post real pics of students on the site and messages I get from them too.

Its there if you need it ultimately!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am willing to try out one or two of the books and will probably order them in September when A2 starts. Is it all in Ebook form or can it be bought as just the book and how long will this take? Does A2 psychology also have a lot more content than the AS as from what I have seen it looks like a big step up from the 12 mark essays in unit 1 and 2? Thanks
Original post by iodo345
I am willing to try out one or two of the books and will probably order them in September when A2 starts. Is it all in Ebook form or can it be bought as just the book and how long will this take? Does A2 psychology also have a lot more content than the AS as from what I have seen it looks like a big step up from the 12 mark essays in unit 1 and 2? Thanks

They are all ebooks so you get them instantly, no waiting. You simply download them and print them!

And yes A2 is a big step up from AS unfortunately. If you get time, I would check your textbook to see what I mean - you literally (no joke) have to walk into the exam having memorised up to 24 essays for paper 3..paper 4 is about 15 ish essays not including research methods. My best advice is to start revision for A2 early as so many students have a melt down a month before the exam when they realise how much they have to learn. I get literally hundreds of emails asking for help on what to do around that time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I used my class notes but searched the Internet and stuff for extra notes. A2 is mostly evaluation so if you have that then you're normally fine. I used Loopa (some of the more simple ones came from that) as well as the AQA A2 Mini Companion http://www.amazon.co.uk/books/dp/019912986X which has all the essays set out in a more brief form than the textbook. It's closely linked with the A2 Student Textbook. But the most important practice that you could get is practice... practice writing essays in timed conditions and just practice and get your teacher to mark it for you! That's the best thing and is probably the most valuable because the hardest thing (normally, apart from learning ridiculous amounts of essays) is the time... 1hr 30 for 3 24 mark essays... that doesn't give you much time to re-read etc which you had during AS. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending