The Student Room Group

AS Edexcel Geography Unit 1 12th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know how to work out the UMS mark?? I got 198 UMS but want to know my raw marks
Original post by Emilymolly19
Does anyone know how to work out the UMS mark?? I got 198 UMS but want to know my raw marks

Well with 99% does it really matter? :biggrin:

If you want to find out, look at the individual UMS scores - unit 1 is out of 90 raw marks and unit 2 is out of 60 (i think) . Max UMS is 120 and 80 respectively.
calculate your % UMS and use that percentage to multiply with the maximum raw mark.
I did really badly overall got a C but for unit 1 got a D and for unit 2 got a C. Retaking next year dreading it soo much!
I'm really disappointed with my grade, I'm definitely going for a remark.

(Does the small padlock symbol near this year's papers and mark schemes on the edexcel website mean that they're only accessible for teachers? Or do you have to be an edexcel employee or something?)
Original post by freefood
I'm really disappointed with my grade, I'm definitely going for a remark.

(Does the small padlock symbol near this year's papers and mark schemes on the edexcel website mean that they're only accessible for teachers? Or do you have to be an edexcel employee or something?)

The papers will be only accessible to teachers until next summer I think :/

OCR didn't make them available even this summer when they were needed for exams..I had to ask my teachers for them.
Original post by itsConnor_
The papers will be only accessible to teachers until next summer I think :/

OCR didn't make them available even this summer when they were needed for exams..I had to ask my teachers for them.

That's ridiculous, the exams are over and the results are out, it's not like we can do anything dodgy with the information on the mark scheme.

(OCR seem to be extreme with everything :/)
Original post by freefood
That's ridiculous, the exams are over and the results are out, it's not like we can do anything dodgy with the information on the mark scheme.

(OCR seem to be extreme with everything :/)

It's more for the following cohort, as many teachers will use the June 2015 for mock exams. I'm sure your teachers will let you access them no problem though :smile:
Original post by itsConnor_
It's more for the following cohort, as many teachers will use the June 2015 for mock exams. I'm sure your teachers will let you access them no problem though :smile:

Ah, that makes sense, thank you!
Hello to anyone wishing to know all offical edexcel a level mark schemes have been leaked, quick TSR search should find them. If you have requested your paper and /or are thinking about an Edexcel remark I would definitely recommend checking with these ms'. :biggrin:
Original post by Jwork98
Hello to anyone wishing to know all offical edexcel a level mark schemes have been leaked, quick TSR search should find them. If you have requested your paper and /or are thinking about an Edexcel remark I would definitely recommend checking with these ms'. :biggrin:

I can't seem to find them, do you have a link?
I'm sitting the paper next year. Were you guys taught plate boundaries and what hazards are on each and their descriptions? We are being taught it but i noticed its not on the spec. And also any tips?
Are you definitely sitting this spec? If so then yes there is plate boundaries. However not specifically on each one. Just some case studies on a few like the Eurasian Plate. I got a B in this paper, might resit. Basically just make sure you "tick outside the box". I say this as sometimes that can have a question on something that is barely mentioned in the revision guides. For example in the unit 1 i did. There was a questioned about fair trade, but was only mentioned as a single word in the revision guide.
Original post by don pedro k.
i cannot wait to flipping drop this subject by chaining it to an anchor and dropping it into the pacific ocean.

I hate geography so much it's unreal. Is it weird that i still want to try and get 100% ums? Xd

i dropped it after As! It feels so good.
Does anyone know the June 2015 edexcel unit 2 questions
Reply 434
They should all now be on the Edexcel website. I know for sure the unit 3/4 ones are there, so no reason for the unit 2 ones not to be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's locked on the website
Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending