The Student Room Group

What can I do if I get kicked out of sixth form due to low grades at AS?

I want to go to university, but first I want to complete my A2 exams and I don't want to go to college.
I have achieved CDEE for my grades, but I want to do medicine at university. I have done too much preparation for this to change my plans, and I know I will do much better if I retake my exams. Are there countries abroad that may accept me for university? If so, which would be the best? Maybe Japan, Germany, Iceland, etc...
Original post by Peterpan2
I want to go to university, but first I want to complete my A2 exams and I don't want to go to college.
I have achieved CDEE for my grades, but I want to do medicine at university. I have done too much preparation for this to change my plans, and I know I will do much better if I retake my exams. Are there countries abroad that may accept me for university? If so, which would be the best? Maybe Japan, Germany, Iceland, etc...

I don't mean to sounds harsh but i feel as if you need someone to say it, you aren't going to get into any medical schools with those grade (highly unlikely), have you not thought of a different course you might want to do? :biggrin:
You can always go and work at Mac Donald's
Reply 3
Original post by Hayley Williams
I don't mean to sounds harsh but i feel as if you need someone to say it, you aren't going to get into any medical schools with those grade (highly unlikely), have you not thought of a different course you might want to do? :biggrin:

I've also been thinking about retaking using the fast track courses, then continue onto biomedical sciences....
Original post by Peterpan2
I've also been thinking about retaking using the fast track courses, then continue onto biomedical sciences....

Biomedical sciences is good, it's a good set up then for graduate entry medicine, if you wanted to go that route. Anyway, i would apply to two lower, easier to get in medical schools and test your luck. A good interview (if you got one) can get you a long way :biggrin:
Original post by 雷尼克
You can always go and work at Mac Donald's

yeah just remember to ask "would you like any sauce with that"

Quick Reply

Latest