The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lol were not dropping out of the top 4 ffs
Is it genuinely time to ask, 'Has Wenger taken Arsenal as far as he can?'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would love to have Barca in our group if im honest
Original post by sevchenko
I hope we get Barca or Juve tomorrow tbh been ages since we've been in a massive CL match. I reckon we'd competitive against both teams.

:rofl2:
Sevchenko lay off that stuff for a while

Seems like it's a little too potent :lol:
Original post by Malevolent
Sevchenko lay off that stuff for a while

Seems like it's a little too potent :lol:

Just waiting for some ode to Jack Wilshere playing Barca off the park. Might get a mention of how they beat Bayern too.
Who's gonna take our place in the top 4, Liverpool?? They'd be on the same number of points as us right now if not for wrong decisions. Liverpool fans getting gassed already :rolleyes:
(edited 8 years ago)
So Wenger's now come out and said we're trying for big signings but nothing is happening. tbf if that is the case and we can't even sign a ****ing cdm when Kondogbia, Vidal, Sneiderlin, Khedira have all been sold then the transfer team needs to shape up or all be sacked, simply unacceptable.

Who is even available now and hasn't ruled themselves out of leaving their clubs this window??
Original post by leinad2012
So Wenger's now come out and said we're trying for big signings but nothing is happening. tbf if that is the case and we can't even sign a ****ing cdm when Kondogbia, Vidal, Sneiderlin, Khedira have all been sold then the transfer team needs to shape up or all be sacked, simply unacceptable.

Who is even available now and hasn't ruled themselves out of leaving their clubs this window??

The teams who won the top 5 European league's last season have bought 18 new players between them all. Wenger can't go around saying the quality isn't there anymore.
[video="youtube;T4NoP0eYT2A"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4NoP0eYT2A[/video]

can't believe i hated him for like a year.
Original post by The Shed End
The teams who won the top 5 European league's last season have bought 18 new players between them all. Wenger can't go around saying the quality isn't there anymore.

Pretty much, although if all those players are not in positions where we need improving then it's a pointless fact. That being said I don't see us improving CDM, we would have done so by now if we had ANY plans to. Striker or bust now and it's looking like bust tbh
Original post by e aí rapaz
Who's gonna take our place in the top 4, Liverpool?? They'd be on the same number of points as us right now if not for wrong decisions. Liverpool fans getting gassed already :rolleyes:

Umad?

It'll even out in the end, at the beginning of the season it's all about getting the points on the board, however you do it.

We were lucky against Bournemouth and it took a Coutinho special to beat Stoke but regardless of the offside decision, we played excellently against you guys so I don't see any reason not to be positive about Liverpool :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not mad, just amused. Usually are Arsenal are the ones getting called fickle fans, but now we're three whole games into the season, Arsenal have had a couple of poor results and Liverpool a couple of lucky ones, and suddenly Liverpool fans are going nuts.

By the way I wouldn't say you played excellently against us. Your back 4 was terrible at times. Many other teams would have scored more than one goal against you. And our back 4 was farcical, but you STILL couldn't score against us!
Not mad, just amused. Usually are Arsenal are the ones getting called fickle fans, but now we're three whole games into the season, Arsenal have had a couple of poor results and Liverpool a couple of lucky ones, and suddenly Liverpool fans are going nuts.

By the way I wouldn't say you played excellently against us. Your back 4 was terrible at times. Many other teams would have scored more than one goal against you. And our back 4 was farcical, but you STILL couldn't score against us!

There's a difference between going nuts and being happy with the start to the season.

Bar City, Chelsea and United, many other teams don't have an attack as strong and fluid as Arsenals and there are few places as tough as the Emirates to go to.
(edited 8 years ago)
"It's our ****ing year!!!"
Nah Wenger's too easy to fool, if there really was a player he wanted, the player's club will simply slap a £30m price tag and say "No, he's not going anywhere." Then comes another club willing to pay that money...
Original post by leinad2012
Pretty much, although if all those players are not in positions where we need improving then it's a pointless fact. That being said I don't see us improving CDM, we would have done so by now if we had ANY plans to. Striker or bust now and it's looking like bust tbh

Well Bayern got Vidal and Khedira went to Juve - both can and have operated in the CDM position/role and done well. Would say if you're going to persist with Ramsey at RW then you could do with someone who's natural playing there and a level above Walcott, which both Pedro, and based on recent performances anyway, Douglas Costa is.

Personally I thought Walcott did really well when he played up front for you lot a few seasons ago, don't know if there's really been a change in the way you play since then for there to be a good reason why he can't start there for you. You need a big game striker though - only players you have that perform consistently in them are Cech and arguably Sanchez - though he was poor in both games last season v Chelsea and United.

Could still see you guys 'reportedly' have a go at trying to get Lacazette I say reportedly because despite being in the media, it probably isn't true.
Wenger is a transfer market ******* these days tbh.

We quite clearly aren't going nuts.
As samir said, we're just happy (and a little surprised) with our impressive start given the fixtures we've had.

You're saying it like going to the Emirates isn't one of the hardest 3 games of the season...
Our defence was actually excellent, you just have the quality to open most up anyway.
You didn't take your chances but we had a great game all over the pitch.
We were solid at the back with Coutinho destroying your defence who were simultaneously bricking it whenever Benteke came near them.

Skrtel had the best performance I've ever seen from him (clearly the MOTM, not Cech), Gomez and Clyne were very solid down the wings and Lovren didn't make any massive mistakes.

As usual, an Arsenal fan bitter that their "superior" team couldn't overcome their terrible rivals who apparently pose no threat...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest